Having tried one out at WoS Regent Street last week, I took the plunge today and bought a new Black Bay Black on a bracelet. I can't deny that the speculative element crossed my mind, but in truth, I bought it because I actually like it. Having previously not been a fan of snowflake hands and feeling lost without a date complication, I changed my mind once I saw it in the flesh. I prefer having the rose on the dial instead of the shield on the newly announced replacement and I'm not bothered about the in-house COSC movement. The bronze and PVD don't float my boat. My decision was certainly aided by 10% deposit + 4 yrs interest free credit from WoS, which I took. I could have gone grey for less cash, but went for the credit instead.

From the speculative point of view, 6 months' production is very short for modern non-LE watches, and my unsubstantiated guess is that prices will dip initially due to the new one, but 10-20 years from now, who knows? I'm going to hang on to it regardless. If I take a hit financially, it's one that I am prepared to bear, which will make it no different from just buying a watch because I like it.

BTW WoS on Oxford St (opposite Selfridges) don't stock Tudor.