closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Faketona and a morning rant.

Threaded View

Master

Faketona and a morning rant.

Morning all,

It is the dealer's unhappy lot to face daily requests for offers to buy watches that he sees instantly are fake.

One might speculate whether many of the enquirers know perfectly well that their watches are worthless.

A few days ago I received an enquiry from a man whose exotic name contained more Ks and Vs than would be polite on these shores :

He described it as "Rolex, Gents Automatic, Oyster Platinum, Deployment Clasp, Ice Blue/Indexes, Case Size 40.00mm, Water Resistance 100m, no original box, papers and accessories, Manufacturer's International Warranty."

My initial response politely informed him that the watch was fake and that with regret we were unable to make an offer for it.

He wouldn't let it lie : "The clock is true because before I sartifikat and box but nyakadesam them lost and not find them, I want to ask what price will you give me for it, thank you. if you want to meet I can get it to look at it real."

I have invited him to bring it in, of course. Which explanation does the forum feel is most appropriate :

1. Sub-dials centred on mid-line are incorrect for 4130 calibre
    2. Proportions of luminous material / metal on indices are incorrect
    3. The "6" on the hour sub-dial is drifting off in a southerly direction and should be closer to the inner disc
    4. The coronet's mouth gapes like that of an American watching "University Challenge"
    5. Nobody with a carpet like that could afford a real Daytona ?

Haywood, admittedly in need of tea.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 22nd March 2016 at 12:16.