Just a quickie, I was hoping some of our resident carnivores might steer me in the right direction!

I'm off into Manchester with the wife on Saturday to celebrate our wedding anniversary. 6th this year, but we were too skint to celebrate our 5th last year so we're pushing the boat out a little bit.

I have my eye on the Argentine steakhouse Gaucho for an early evening meal, I've heard very good things. Just downloaded the menu and there are some mouthwatering sounding goodies on there.
I'm going steak obviously, and it's generally a nice fillet or sirloin for me, but they do have a good selection of "special cuts" which they claim are exclusive to them, and not at bad prices either (these are actually a bit cheaper than the standard cuts!)

I'll cut and paste the half dozen selections, if anyone can make a recommendation I might well give it a whirl, otherwise I may be Mr Boring and have a bash at the tasting plate.

Cheers in advance.

SPECIAL CUTS

Unique to Gaucho

Tasting Plate
Three of our most popular cuts – chorizo, vacío and entraña fina
£37.45
450g

Media Luna De Vacío
Tender flank marinated in garlic, parsley and olive oil
£32.45
400g

Entraña Fina
Succulent marbled skirt, marinated in ají molido, smoked garlic, parsley and olive oil
£23.25
300g

Tapa De Ancho
Top of the rib-eye
£26.75
300g

Picaña
Top of the cuadril
£22.95
300g

Trio of Medallions
The most tender and lean cuts of lomo, ancho and lomito de cuadril
£31.45
300g

Lastly, is there a reasonable Argentinian red I should be trying? The place seems a bit nice to be having a pint of stella with a fancy steak. I rarely drink wine but again, a good recommendation might just steer me. They claim to have the most extensive Argentine wine-list in the UK.