I'm very annoyed. I was one of the first to place a deposit on one of the new Basel releases and have been excited for it ever since. On Thursday at around 4:30, I finally got a call to say that the watch had arrived in but as I had a wedding to shoot next day, followed by Goodwood, there was no chance of me getting there.

So yesterday, the jeweller emailed me. They're not the largest of chains but they do have quite a few stores and are well known. Here's what they messaged me with:

"We were recently pleased to advise that your order for the Rolex Seadweller had arrived at the showroom, we write to enquire when it will be convenient for you to complete the purchase and collect this much sought after watch ? If for any reason it is not possible for you to collect within the next 14 days we would release the watch to the next person awaiting their order and your name would be put onto the next one arriving in the showroom.

The company policy regarding this model is that all guarantees are kept at the showroom for a period of six months I trust this will be acceptable to you."

How would that ever be acceptable?! They haven't told me about it in any way, shape or form before yesterday, and I've had my deposit down for four months. I know it would be simple to walk away but I want the watch, so they've of course got me over a barrel. I think it's very unfair.

If they'd have stated this before I placed the deposit, as I believe they should, I would have placed my deposit elsewhere and bought the watch how I want to buy it. I'm spending thousands of pounds at the end of the day and don't see how they can just make up a new rule I wasn't told about.

My main concern with this 6 months thing is that the card is irreplaceable. I don't care what safe they keep it in, it's not in my possession if they do this. If anything happens to it, it's their fault and they can't simply call Rolex and get a new one; it doesn't work like that.

So I'm very annoyed about this and wanted to seek the advice of TZ as to how to proceed. I haven't named the jeweller yet as I want to speak to them first but this will be my first dealing with them, and could very well be the last at this rate.