Morning all. I've been meaning to post this topic since I joined. Apologies if it's been done to death elsewhere in this forum. I did do a search for 'grail watch' but was inundated with 1000s of results for 'Rolex Daytona Chronograph' .

So, have you scrimped and saved and sold from your collection to buy a watch, only for your dreams to be shattered when it's finally on your wrist? My grail watch was a JLC Master Compressor GMT Navy Seals. I just loved the detail, styling and JLC mechanism. I had seriously considered flying to the US and buying one, such was their rarity. After over 18 months of looking, one came up with Watchfinder, which they sent to their Leeds shop. I dragged MBOH to Leeds on a wet Winter morning and hot footed to their premises. Only when it was in my wrist did I realise how huge it was, not just in diameter but in height off the wrist. It would have been totally unwearable under a shirt or jacket and on bare wrists looked almost comical. Incidentally the chap in the shop was in agreement!

Needless to say I left without a purchase, I did look at some of their other stock but it would have been a knee-jerk reaction.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Sorry for the post length BTW.