closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bladerunner 2049 discuss (Thread may contain spoilers)

Threaded View

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bladerunner 2049 discuss (Thread may contain spoilers)

OK, I went to see this last night at the IMAX Waterloo in 3D, and I know there a lot of fans of the original on here, so its worth a thread to discuss it I think,

first off, by far the best movie I have ever seen in 3D, and this is coming from someone who is not a fan of 3D.

I went in not expecting it to be as good or better than the original, that would have been foolish IMHO, but had high hopes and was really looking forward to it,

I tried really hard not to compare it to the original, but as most of the story line is based around the first movie, it was hard not too.

compared to the original, that had a multi faceted story line, I found this very linear and slow in parts,

visually and sound wise I found it absolutely stunning, and was blown away by the look and feel of the movie.

acting wise I am not a fan of Ryan Gosling, but liked him in 'Drive' and to be fair he only had to 'be Gosling' and do a Keanu to act it out, the rest of the cast were very good and didnt grate on my at all.

overall I enjoyed it, but felt a little let down with it, and felt it was released as a foundation for sequels, with chances to expand on the rebellion story line missed, and also what had happened to Deckard and Rachael in the years after Bladerunner? again a lost chance to expand on the story since then.

so who has seen it, what did you think? and how quickly did you get the ending? I got it a few minutes after we seen the character in her bubble.

I will watch it again at home when its released, to make another judgement, but dont think I would ever watch it as many times as I have seen the original.
    Last edited by soundood; 25th October 2017 at 16:39.