Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
You write 7 paragraphs completely destroying the brand criticising every aspect of their watchmaking and end by saying 'I have nothing against Bremont'.

You clearly have a deep personal issue with the brand and while some of what you have said is barely reasonable most is utterly ridiculous and completely subjective.

Bremont make some of the most interesting watches in terms of looks which at least demonstrate some personality compared to the usual bland dross most people tend to go for on here.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I don't have any issues with the brand whatsoever.I have never owned one. Yes, some of what I've written is subjective, but looked at in the perspective of someone who has been collecting watches for almost 50 years, most of it is objective, and has been gained from experience of owning many watches from many brands over all those years. Nothing at all that I have written is 'utterly ridiculous', and if you thing it is, I invite you to explain why. You may think some of it is unreasonable, and from your personal standpoint, I cannot take issue with that point of view. You are quite obviously a fan.

Just a point to consider. You say I take issue with every aspect of their 'Watchmaking' Bremont are not watchmakers. They are watch assemblers. This is one of my main issues. They take 'off the peg' movements, have the cases made, dials made, straps made, watches assembled, and they then sell the resultant watch. They may arrange to have movements modified, but none of the work is done 'in house'. They are a boutique company, nothing more, yet they pretend to be more, and this is a sham.

I absolutely agree that their watches look interesting, colourful, but also confusing. They do not appeal to me.

The 'bland dross' that most people tend to go for on here is the driving force and life force of the horological industry, which has sustained watchmaking and technical innovation for three centuries or more, and to say that most people her 'go for it' is actually bit of an insult, as most were here before you and Bremont were heard of!