I'm replacing the tyres on my 911, going from the stock Pirelli P Zeros (which I don't find too confidence inspiring in the wet) to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's.

Whilst this is being done I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to get the wheels refinished as there's one or two marks on them. All quite straightforward so far. This is how the existing 19" Porsche "sport design" wheels look in silver.

I thought it would be a nice simple job to get them refinished in the same colour. I've changed the wheels over to a set with winter tyres fitted (this is the first time I've had them on the car) so I can take the sport designs and new tyres to the refinishers tomorrow. The winter set are Porsche 5 spokes refinished in graphite grey.

I'm now wondering if the 15 spoke sport designs would look better refinished in graphite grey rather than the original silver. I do like the original silver and if it didn't show the brake dust so readily there'd be no contest. The thing is now the graphite set are fitted I'm thinking the colour does look quite striking, and of course it's a far better colour to hide any brake dust.

I genuinely can't decide which way to go and if I can't by the time I get to the refinishers tomorrow I'll stick with the silver.

I thought I'd definitely get a range of opinions here so what does the membership think, grey or silver 15 spoke Porsche sport designs?