So it's was my 50th way back in August and I had a bit of money from every one over crap presents :-)

So I waited and was going to order the 50th moon landing as I still don't own a speedy, but I really hated the design and did not want a picture of the 2nd man on the moons arse !!
a very odd design imo.

So the short list was:

Omega Speedy
Tag 40th Monaco the 1000 ltd ed one.
Rolex standard Explorer

But then Omega launced this !!!! so I waited and waited and none arrived in shops till a few days ago. I was getting hassle from all the family, "have you bought a watch yet"

Now my head says buy the Rolex buy the Rolex, but when I saw this watch in real life some time you just have to buy with the heart, forget the overs investments and just buy a watch you really want to wear. esp as Rolex are going up 7.5 again in Jan.

now every one says this, but really the pictures don't do this watch any favors imo, but in real life it's totally stunning.
Under the loup it's also flawless and the quality is much much higher than my other Rolex models, and the clasp is the best thing I have seen to date, the adjustment is perfect.
Now when the black one came out I was meh, I have a black Omega SMP any way, so to buy another seems mental. But I am a Omega man and I could not help it to buy another.

it's not fitted yet and no daylight shots but here you go.
But even the Box is well made.

I know you get the Sub vs the Omega time and time again, but really imo the new SMP is a better watch and I have 2 Rolex but imo they are over rated.
I will have to do a collecting shot one day as a few have come and go but this being a 50th present off every one I know it is a true keeper.