Following on from the recent SC thread, I thought it would be good to have a general thread about penknives. That includes Victorinox SAKs, but it can include other penknives too. Preferably UK street legal, non-locking knives, but not exclusively so. It does not include: tactical knives, survival knives, kitchen knives, or any other types of knife. Just penknives!

To help qualify this, I decided I would start off with what I think is roughly the largest thing that should be considered a penknife (not including ones that are just very thick with extra layers, like the Swiss Champ).

This is a Victorinox Ranger with wooden scales. It is locking and the blade is definitely too long to be street legal, but it's still a penknife. It's not my favourite because it's a bit on the large side. Not easily pocketable. Also, the locking mechanism, while cool (you press in the shield logo to release the lock) is a bit fiddly. However, I am a big fan of Victorinox saws and this has got a quite a large one.