closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Timefactors Success Stories

Threaded View

Timefactors Success Stories

There are so many critical posts around the Timefactors store experience, I thought we should be sharing success stories as well.

I’ve been circling around a black dial Everest for quite a while, saving, thinking, pondering and then saving again. I finally decided to have a go on January 16. Like many others, I was doubtful I’d get an order in but decided to remain hopeful and do as much as I could in advance.

I created an account long ago so updated my address and added a credit card to Safari’s AutoFill. When it comes to tech, I usually have strange/weird experiences so I planned for the worst. I wrote down all of the CC info (number, 3 digit code and expiration date) on paper to keep beside the computer. I also shut down everything that might consume network bandwidth so it was bone silent on the line.

About an hour before opening, I copied my CC number into the clipboard to cover Safari crapping out or a sudden game of cat grab-n-go with my lifeline sheet. I also had the bank app on my phone open and waiting in case I had to verify anything.

I logged in to my account, went to the PRS-25 page and had it ready to go. About 3 minutes before the store was to go live, I started refreshing every few 30 seconds or so. At 15 seconds to opening (timed with an atomic G-Shock that I made sure was synced that morning), I started refreshing every second. At first, the sold out indicator disappeared. Then the add to cart button showed up. Tap, go to cart, buy, info check (Safari did its thing—thanks, Apple), tap, pray…

It worked!

First time buying, first time using the store—successful purchase!

I had zero issues with the store or the process. I know the current system keeps many from buying but I anticipated the frenzy and treated it like defusing a bomb.

And it was worth it! I got the watch just before weekend but had work related calls all day Friday. I spent Saturday morning sizing the bracelet, taking in the wonderful fit and finish and… worrying, to be honest. Thus far, my watches have been either G-Shock squares, a 40mm SWC Bunker or a Newmark Panda chronograph. The Everest felt (and initially looked) diminutive by comparison.

I deliberately stopped wearing any watch three days prior so I could “reset” my thinking a bit. And I’m glad I did. Quite simply, the size is perfect. Absolutely perfect! And this is coming from someone with a 7.5” wrist. All of my fears were unfounded as it fits like a dream and looks, well… elegant is the word that comes to mind. I love the vintage feeling and it's nice wearing a watch that I simply don't notice as much while going about my daily business. It’s unobtrusive when you’re looking elsewhere but gorgeous when you focus on it. I also enjoy being able to being my hand back without feeling the gouge of a crown.

There’s a reason that watches were once this size.

I couldn’t be happier. And I truly have nothing bad to say about the store. It did what it was supposed to do. I think the bulk of the criticism comes from those that see it like yet another online purchase. For better or worse, Eddie has limited manpower and resources so it is what it is. My experience is proof that with preparation and deliberation, it can be done—even on the first try.

Perhaps many will see this as a strange post but I just wanted to share a great experience. I’m enjoying the hell out of this thing and will now save up for a Commando or gilt dial.

Good luck to everyone who has a go at ordering!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swanksteak; 30th January 2022 at 13:17.