Here is a pretty rare piece the Citizen Promaster PMP56-2941. I have been looking for a decent one for quite a while but you only ever see them in Japan.

They were only issued in Japan in 2007 and were quite expensive at that time at about 125,000 Yen. They were very well constructed, using the best quality hardening treatment Citizen had at that time titanium Duratect MRK, which is a gas hardening process as well as the usual Duratect process.

The first thing that strikes you about the watch is the black perforated bezel. I don’t think Citizen have ever repeated this on another watch and I find it a very attractive feature. It has an AR coated sapphire crystal and it has Citizens one button ‘trick’ clasp allowing adjustment on the fly. The case sides have a contrasting ridged black structure, contrasting against the satin titanium case with polished bevelled edges.The bracelet is a full titanium high quality affair, again with highly polished highlights to lift its appearance.

The dial has a blue tone and just adds a bit of interest over a plain black one. Though Citizen did do a black dialled example of this with red highlights and silver bezel.

The watch features a chronograph, alarm, solar and dual time and is also atomic but only in Japan. I have an app on my phone which emulates the Japanese signal and so can use that rather than adjusting the time manually, it operates quite quickly. It is 200m water resistant. The lume is unusual for Citizen in that it has the usual Citizen blue lume on the dial but uses green for the hands.

Here are a few wrist shots.

Mitch