Sorry if this has been posted before, a search on here and google didn't bring anything up.

I have been thinking about this for a while, since seeing a grey dealer/trader doing an unveil video a few weeks ago actually.

The dealer was opening a large box branded DHL and inside amidst tons of packaging they were pulling out some lovely watches, mainly Rolex and the odd Patek (about 8-10 in total, varying years so not all new), all complete with warranty card but in clear coffin cases rather than the full green boxes (maybe in a different shipment?).

It got me thinking, where do most dealers actually get their stock. Apart from normal private sales and trades where could a dealer buy as many watches as this and make a decent profit, I thought it could be a B2B sale but then why would a dealer need to off load highly desirable stock to another dealer at a knock down rate, is there some kids of used watch distributor where you buy in bulk?

Another trader I follow online put a post on last night listing about 6/7 watches they had just secured and were due in next week too.

Btw I have no intention of buying/selling or getting in to this but it got me wondering about the source of such stock.