This is a follow up to my original post here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Reissue-Review

And apologies in advance for this slightly self-indulgent post.

I’ve owned the Fatboy Reissue for 12 months now and it has been the most worn watch of the year, and in the last 3 months pretty much the only watch I’ve worn.

It lives on a Nylon NATO strap at night and if I wear it to do any jobs in the garden or DIY.

Otherwise a selection of single pass leather straps are used, including a black one from our resident strap-maker legend, Jan (Vekslak) which makes it almost dressy, as well as one of his tan Italian Calf single passes in Tan/Cognac.

My original comments still stand. I love the plexiglass, the case profile and virtually zero-maintenance quartz movement.

It’s not exactly a cheap watch, but it is relative to most other watches in this hobby and it doesn’t feel so precious that I ever worry about wearing it any time or place.

I’ve found wearing it on a variety of straps makes it to be a flexible and suited to pretty much any occasion and location that I find myself in. The fixed lugs mean you can swap straps petty much instantly without any tools which I really really like.

Any negatives - arguably water resistance, but it’s actually ended up feeling quite liberating to not overthink it and just take a watch off if I go swimming.

I still have a PRS-29AM Air Ministry for when I want my mechanical movement “hit”. I love wearing it, it’s Eddie’s finest watch in my opinion, but the Fatboy definitely is first choice almost every day.

So have I inadvertently found my “grail” watch (a term I cannot stand!)? Well, if the definition of the term is a one-watch collection that I could live with all day, every day, has a status of its own that I admire and enjoy wearing and genuinely makes me stop looking at other watches, then yes is the answer.

Like love itself, it is often when you are not looking that you find it.

Thanks for reading if you’ve got this far, and enjoy the photos!