closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fidget things

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1201...isting_details

Just ordered this, as need to try one.
    Felt pouch now needs to be purchased I assume, or is it hard enough to not pick up scratches of on a pocket?
    Very nice!! I've been tempted several time, by that very one! It's has the same dimensions as my round one.

Micarta is very tough stuff, although I keep my worry stones in the house where I usually am. I have dropped the round one onto my wooden floor and there wasn't a mark on it. I'd say you'd probably be okay with it, depending on what else is in your pocket. Keys and coins might be a bit of an ask.

EDIT: I just did a quick Google and found a knife site comparing Micarta with G10:

"Is micarta a strong material?

Micarta has been called “The Steel of the Plastic Industry”, so yes, micarta is a strong material. Because micarta is soaked and baked in a resin, it creates the same hard, almost plastic material that G-10 is. Compared to many other knife materials, micarta is a very strong handle material. But, because the different base materials aren’t woven like the fiberglass can be, micarta loses out on that aspect of the strength.

Differences: Once again, it really comes down to the base material used. Because fiberglass can be woven, it creates a stronger, more durable material. The base materials of micarta are softer materials and can be scratched if not treated properly; however, when it is treated correctly, it is extremely hard to scratch, and is almost as scratch resistant as G-10. Determining which one of is stronger is a very close competition, but G-10 pulls out as barely stronger."

EDIT 2: https://www.bladehq.com/blog/what-is...-knife-handle/ has very interesting info on micarta.
    Last edited by dkpw; 23rd January 2023 at 17:08.