closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 32** movement issues?

Threaded View

Rolex 32** movement issues?

I was wondering if anyone on TZ has experienced issues with their 32** movement Rolex slowing down?

(Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere in TZ, but if it has I didn't find it with a search).

I'm close to a purchase of a watch using the 3230 movement (new from an AD) and this has come up in the course of some research.

There is a long-running thread on Rolex Forums concerning 32** movements. The gist of the problem seems to be 32** movements running at low amplitudes, tending to have degrading amplitudes and then tending to run slow, a problem which gets progressively worse.

This seems to happen from 12 months onwards after purchase.

There are quite a few reports throughout the thread from owners of their 32** watches having to go back to a Rolex for work, sometimes more than once. I found similar reports of this issue on other websites.

The 3235 movement (eg Datejust 41 / GMT Master II / Submariner Date 126610LN) is the most commonly mentioned as being effected.

However, this may be because the 3235 has been in use since 2015 whilst other 32** movements (eg 3230 used by OP41 / Submariner 124060 etc) have been in use for a shorter time and by less common models.

There is plenty of speculation throughout the main thread (and elsewhere) as to the cause(s), but as of yet, no definitive answers or remedies.

I'm aware the thread in question, despite containing compelling evidence of this issue, being over 100 pages long and containing over 250 individual posters still represents a very small sample size of owners.

As such, I'd be interested as to collective experience and wisdom of the TZ community as to this "issue".

Here's a few links to the main thread which may be be of interest...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=786299
    * Starting point of the thread (January 2021)

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=3161
    * Summary of what had been learned over the 100+ pages the thread had reached by November 2022
    Last edited by CamCG; 31st January 2023 at 13:12.