closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrongraph and Divers watches from 20th Century - Before the crazy prices of today

Threaded View

Chrongraph and Divers watches from 20th Century - Before the crazy prices of today

This is a thread for watches produced in the good old days when you could walk into any any official watch dealers and buy 99% of the range available without a special handshake.

This was my first divers watch, which i bought in 1979 from a Migros supermarket in Switzerland with my pocket money.

Migros is the equivalent of Tesco here, so to be able to buy a swiss made watch in a supermarket with an ETA automatic movement now seems somewhat extraordinary.

I paid around SF140 for it, (I can't remember the exact price), but at that time the FX rate was about 3.5 Franks to £ so it cost around £40

the movement is an ETA 2783 (25 J) and i wound it recently and it started working immidiately. it has a screwdown crown, and is around 44mm (but i've not measured it.)

the photo is as i found it when i got it out of a box for the first time in 10 years. i think it now deserves a clean.

The strap is not original, as the original corroded after i used it in the sea !! so it was replaced with a Seiko strap in the mid 80's

(PS appologies for the sideways image .... it is right way up on my PC, and i don't know how to rotate it on the post)

Attached Images Attached Images