closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: retitled: Watches are becoming too expensive. Please discuss

Threaded View

Craftsman

retitled: Watches are becoming too expensive. Please discuss

Like many things due to Covid/Brexit/inflation/supply issues and a myriad of other reasons, the prices of watches are increasing. Sometimes in large increments, and sometimes rapidly. I’ve noticed it especially in the price range that I regard as expensive - which was around £4k just one or two years ago, whereas these same watches are now typically over £5k, and are still increasing either with each new iteration, or even for the same watch as time passes.

Due to this, I no longer consider buying “expensive” watches that I fancy. I don’t look for cheaper watches as alternatives either. I’m training myself to look at the pretty pictures without getting out the credit card, in the same way as I do when looking at the out-of-my-price range Lamborghini’s or other exotica on car websites. I do this because I no longer think that most watches are worth their asking price.

I don’t mean this to be a discussion about the reasons why prices are increasing (Fratelli discusses that here https://www.fratellowatches.com/ ) but rather what you feel about the increases and how it might be changing your buying or collecting habits.
    Last edited by YCymro; 3rd June 2023 at 20:43.