There doesnt seem to be much information about Orient movements from my limited research. So there are 3 tiers to the Orient brand: Orient, Orient Star and Royal Orient (which was discontinued around 2017). So there are now only Orient and Orient Star, which, clearly, Orient Star is the higher quality version.

Now onto the movements. For Seiko we have the 7S26 (and the other variants which are essentially the same thing), the slightly upgraded 4R35 (and the other variants etc.), the 6R35 and the 8L35/8L55 (I realise there are more but these are the main ones that are widely used).

Does anyone know where the Orient movements rank compared to Seiko movements? They seem to have a lot more movements than Seiko but then again they could just be the same movements under different names. I see that Orient Star watches have the F6N43, F6R42, F6F44 and F6N47 movements but not much information about those movements. Are they equivalent to 6R35? The lower tier Orient watches also have a lot of movements, according to calibre corner. Orient Star is supposedly not that much higher than regular Orient so it is entirely possible that they share the same or similar movements.

Now that Royal Orient has been discontinued the movements are no longer being produced but did any rival the 8L35? They even have some watches in the £2k+ range which would seem ridiculous if the movements are only comparable to the 6R35.

Any links to any articles about these movements would be greatly appreciated. The Seiko movements are easy to understand and well documented and there are only a few calibres, whereas the Orient movements seem to be all over the place.