Hello.

I am done with watches. To prove it, I have that engraved on the case back of my new CLUB CAMPUS 38 BLUE PURPLE (to give it its full name.)

I've had NOMOS watches before, and just scouring my sales adverts, I've had a

36mm Club

a 39mm Club Date (I thought my latest arrival was a 39, too, but the NOMOS website calls it 38mm. Throwing a Vernier calliper over my watch, I get 38.5mm. We'll call that a draw.)

And one that I really do miss, the Ahoi Atlantik.

This is my NOMOS. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My watch is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. (Excuse the fluff on the dial.)

Yes, I know - they have long lugs. Fortunately, I like a Nylon strap, and these disguise the lug length.

(My wrist is about seven and a half inches, for what it's worth.)

I'll comment on the accuracy in a couple of weeks when it's settled down. I rarely buy new watches, and NOMOS has been very efficient, accommodating my engraving and delivery from Germany. They have been a pleasure to deal with.

Initial thoughts?

- it's a Watch-shaped watch. I always liked "dog-shaped dogs" - scrappy fellows that a kid would draw, rather than a particular breed. This is just a watch.
- the Cali-dial is a treat. Lovely contrast between the numerals and the navy/purple.
- the hands are perfectly judged, I think, with great dimensions, and I appreciate the colour of the subdial.

The overall dimensions of the watch are great for me. It's under 9mm thick, and wears on a NATO very well. With 100m and decent (decent, not great) lume, it's a good everyday proposition.

So, show your NOMOS watches. Step out of the closet if your Club-curious, or just Bauhaus-bent.