Next week I reach what would have been my "Normal Retirement Age" but of course are still obliged to work that little bit longer before accquring our State Pension and I believe the highly coveted Bus Pass.

From my childhood, I have lived with cars, as my Dad owned a garage and one of my brothers became a mechanic.

I enjoyed owning/driving numerous cars, including the Mk 1 RS2000, Mexico, 1600E, Talbot Sunbeam Sport, Hillman Minx and a Ford Popular, which I rolled while on our Honeymoon, just put it back on its wheels and carried on driving!
Of course that was in the days that you could carryout your own DIY, improvements and servicing without the computers shutting the car down.

In later years, I enjoyed driving Audi 4&6, BMW 3&5 Volvo's which were great solid cars and for a short period an EV, but after owning it, decided that a must was a drive to park it while charging.

My current car is a BMW 530D from 2012, which has some incredible options like Night Vision, Rear wheels that steer - Integral Steering, HUD, Adaptive Cruise and lighting.

Now under normal circumstances that would be the finish.

But one item on my "Bucket List" is to own/drive one of the big three luxury cars, to me anyway.

And they are - in alphabetical, Audi A8, BMW Series 7 and Mercedes S Class.
LWB or SWB I am undecided about.

Maximum age 9 years, engine 3-4 litre, diesel or petrol, automatic, spec to include a few extras of course, price range no more than £19,000
My first priorities are comfort, smoothness and as little cabin noise as possible, overall condition.

So, I am seeking members thoughts and for those who have or still own one of these cars their input is very important.

Thank you.