Hi all

After getting my 38mm Aqua Terra last year, I’ve developed a preference for smaller watches, they are just so comfortable to wear all day imho.

This has led to looking at various vintage Omega models, and I really fancy getting one.
The problem is, even though I have started looking into the various models, I’m still pretty clueless!
I know EBay etc have lots on offer, but I just would have very little knowledge as to whether one I liked was legitimate or not.

I have lots of questions, the most obvious one for me being would a 34/35mm watch look too small on my 7.5 inch wrist, but I think I have satisfied myself that I’m willing to give that size a try.

Why do Constellation models seem to command a higher price over others? Do they have better movements?

I also read that the movements such as the 1481 (which was in a 1972 Omega Geneve I liked the look of) were not as good because they had plastic movement spacers? And they were prone to issues?
Again, I’m finding it difficult to determine what is correct info and what is just opinion.

Models I’m drawn to are the Constellation models, Geneve and Seamaster models, although most of the latter I have seen seem to be 34mm, and I might be better sticking to 35mm at least.
Are any of these models better than the others in terms of quality/accuracy etc?

My favourite that I have seen is probably the Pie Pan Constellation, although these seem to vary wildly in both condition and price!
I’m not too keen on the C shape case, I’d prefer the normal case shape with lugs!

I was going to post a WTB for a vintage Omega, but thought it might be more helpful to try Watch Talk first, as I know there are some very knowledgeable Omega enthusiasts on the forum who might be able to increase my knowledge first (granted this will not be difficult)!

Also, I have no clue on pricing. Like I said, looking on eBay I have no idea if something is vastly overpriced or not! Should it be serviced? Is this costly?

Apologies for the rather long winded rambling, but I would love some help/info to assist my search.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk