During the recent (now aborted) sale of my 2541, I was asked, quite reasonably, whether or not the second hand hit the markers. As can be witnessed in my sales thread you can see that it's not totally perfect. In a full revolution it mostly is, but sometimes it's slightly off. However, overall, I stick to my guns that mine is more than acceptable - tho your OCD may say otherwise:) and that's fair enough.

Now, I also have a 2264 which is one of the last made and must therefore have the 'D' movement and it does hit every marker bang on. So it can be done.

Even though I asked STS to upgrade my 2541 to 'D' spec it's still not as good as my 2264..........I may well ask STS to fit a brand new movement in mine at the next battery change (which would mean it definitely will never be offered for sale again and I'll damn well wear it!) and see if that enables it to get to total perfection.

But it's got me thinking and I'd be very interested to know how precise the same variants are for other owners.