My daughter is looking to buy her husband a decent watch to commemorate him leaving the army.
He is a WO1, a sergeant major basically.
I'm out of touch with boutique or mid range watches so hope you don't mind my reaching out.

He has a Garmin smart watch and a couple of cheapies, but she want's to get him a nice, solid, preferably divers watch with good solid build and great legibility.
He likes diver style watches, a decent lume and legibility, and quartz or mechanical is fine.
Preferably nothing above 42mm, possibly up to 45mm, although it depends on how big the watch wears (lug length/top lug to bottom lug is more critical than width), he's got beefy arms but not particularly thick wrists.
She has been eying up watches with a military link or image, although that's not essential. No need for stealth/PVD finishes although wouldn't rule them out if they're nice.
He needs to be able to at least swim in it, preferably dive in it, although again not essential, so long as it's around 300m+.

One option is the Nite 'Alpha' Horizon , so something chunky but nice looking, good materials with excellent build quality.

Pre-owned is also an option if it's in excellent condition and offers better bang for buck than new.

So, can I please ask for any suggestions as to what is around that might tick the boxes?

Oh, the budget is around £600.

Thanks in advance guys.