Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
Lots of Villa fans have been gnashing their teeth over this, but as you point out, they're only going off the headline net profit figure from the accounts, and not taking into account any adjustments like the Covid adjustment. I've seen the covid figure of £56m reported in various places, but where have the youth team and womens figures come from, as they look very high to be honest?

The other thing that gives me comfort is if we were that close to the FFP limit, why would we have bought Rogers and the young right back in the January window?

I do wonder about Chris Heck though, why on earth would you cancel a major stadium expanion when our income is so far below that of the other top 6 clubs? if he wants to build a new ground, that's going to take 8 years plus and means we're going to have a ground capacity in the bottom half of Premier League clubs, with two stands not really fit for purpose with terrible facilities.
If that's the costs over three years for the youth and women's team costs it sounds more realistic. £15million per year over the last three years for some of the youth players we've bought in?

Either way, I have a lot of faith in the current owners and their organisation. Plus I think Rogers is going to turn out to be a fantastic player.