Morning All and Happy Sunday,

I’ve been thinking about posting this for a while, not only to get opinions of you knowledgable folk, but also to get things off my chest a bit. It’s a bit of a long thread, so please forgive me.

I have been interested in watches for as long as I can remember, my first watch was an omega semaster quartz back in the 90s, that then turned into a fascination with Rolex, Tudor, a Breguet and various other omegas, especially the planet ocean series. For some reason I’ve never been able to hold onto my watches, always wanting something newer, better, ‘more’.

Over the years I’ve bought and flipped pretty much every watch within a matter of months, certainly within a year of purchase. I’ve recently spilt from my partner and the money just isn’t there at the moment for any major purchases, I am trying to be sensible and tackle some ‘life admin/bills’ and get myself back of track.

I was sorely tempted recently with a really good deal on a 2023 Planet Ocean, but sense took hold and i resisted. The credit card was in my hand!

At the moment, my one only watch is a Seiko Monster MK1 which I wear daily. It’s lovely, but I do regret and almost have pangs of guilt, about the amount I’ve spent on watches which have been flipped for no real reason.

I still feel I’m missing a special watch, something to mark achievements in life, I feel a bit sad about it all really. I know they are only expensive trinkets, but it’s what they can signify. I think eventually I need to settle one just one or two watches, and be done. I just don’t know what they are. A Tudor BB58 maybe.

Sorry for the self-indulgent post. Therapy!

Thanks for listening.