closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Red traffic light jumpers.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I don't hate cyclists or have any prejudice, thats a drum the likes of Monty likes to bang.
    I have always given cyclists a wide berth, slowed down and do whats right when coming up on one but what i dislike is the way that large groups feel they don't need to pull over and yield to faster moving traffic. It’s a concept that horse riders, tractor drivers and even some car drivers subscribe to when they don't know where they’re going. The argument for this of course is to expect the driver(s) of the cars to simply sit back and take a chill pill. In my years of driving i have never once seen a cyclist pull to one side and let faster traffic through. There needs to be consideration yet it appears to only applicable to one side which is what i find rather infuriating about some cyclists.
    Really never, from personal experience I cycle, though never in groups, but always try to consider my road position as regards the motor vehicle coming up behind me, though I´ve cycled my whole life, we never had a car growing up so I-we biked everywhere, had it, safety, drilled into us...when I drive I´d say it´s considerably better than 50 percent of cyclists who´re fairly, to very mindful...now the folks on those electric scooters, well, taking their life in their hands...Last week there was a horse rider coming through the village, tbh I and it seemed other motor vehicle users happily gave them both all the time- space reasonably required, it´s a nice thing, a bonus to see them...mind you the manana attitude I believe takes some of the sting out of the busyness- rage of the modern world...in nearly 14 years here I can hand on heart say I´ve only witnessed 1 road rage incident, though that was a doozy in fairness...London and Philly were very different, even tootling about in Lincolnshire a few weeks back it´s a different ball game...mind you there´s also the shocking state of the roads, multitude of speed cameras and the high proportion of large cars, struck me as not conducive in themselves, to a relaxing drive.
    Last edited by Passenger; 14th April 2024 at 11:29.