closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Threaded View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Barring injury it'll be Maguire and Stones at CB for the Euros. International managers get so little time with the players they need to know that the players know what they want and familiarity is probably more important than absolute form. Stone and Maguire have played 16 of the last 19 tournament games together and conceded less than a goal a game (albeit as 2 of a back three several times). No one else has yet made any sort of case to replace them. If he was going to replace Maguire then the time to do it was the last few international friendlies.

I'm not a great fan of Maguire and wouldn't want him at my club but I can see the logic behind Southgate starting him.

This is completely accurate and something I agree with, no way is a manager going to tinker with CB's going into a tournament and certainly not Safegate

Im a Utd fan and totally aware of Maguires capabilities - he gets pelters left, right and centre and is an easy target in my eyes - the fee isnt his fault - he plays through injury, doesnt shy away from interviews after games etc etc and I think hes done ok for England in the main

We love to blame someone in this country and if you look back over Englands failings in tournaments its usually because one of ours

Beckham, Phil Neville, Rooney etc etc
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 17th April 2024 at 16:01.