closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A very much missed watch returns!

A very much missed watch returns!

Well, my Seamaster has been back to Omega for it's first service after 5 years daily use. It never missed a beat and has been a great watch. I picked it up today after 9 long weeks wait and it looks stunning. Straight back on the wrist! They have done a great job refurbishing the case and strap - it looks like new again. In fact I need some wabi on the clasp as I am being a bit precious with it as i sit here typing. I'm sure that will stop in a few days! :wink:

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures with you all....

Oh and here is it's sister that I have been wearing in the interim :lol:

All in all a very pleasant pair :D

Re: A very much missed watch returns!

Nice job 8)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Grand Master

nice job. whats the strap on that speedy date? i have mine currently on a bracelet and its picking up swirlies like no tomorrow?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk
    nice job. whats the strap on that speedy date? i have mine currently on a bracelet and its picking up swirlies like no tomorrow?
    My speedie date has a bracelet also which has never been worn. It is just as it left the factory. I decided that because I have the SMP on a bracelet it would be better to drive the speedie with a leather strap. The strap you see there is an ostrich skin strap which is of great quality. I bought it on flea-bay for £24. I thought it was worth a punt and I have been more than happy with it. I'd not used the seller before but the transaction went smoothly with no problems. I'd get another if I wanted another colour or something.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quality-leather-w ... 3007wt_941

I thought for £24 for an ostrich strap it was worth a gamble. The strap matched my new shoes also! :P

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe

I thought for £24 for an ostrich strap it was worth a gamble. The strap matched my new shoes also! :P

Ostrich skin brogues? Where do you get those? :lol:

Andrew

Get yourself some bench made Church's and you can have anything you want! :wink:

Master

Lovely watches mate......

but, matching strap & shoes ?

Take yourself off to the pub & have a word... :wink:

superb pics of two great watches :D

Master

NIce seamaster - but the speedie look awesome. 8)

Craftsman

Not my picture or watch, but another nice Ostrich strap in a similar colour[attachment=0:226nwawb]nice strap.jpg[/attachment:226nwawb]

Quote Originally Posted by Shakir Khaja
    NIce seamaster - but the speedie look awesome. 8)
    Cough: You might like to keep your eyes on SC over the next few weeks. It might pop it's head in to say hello (and hopefully goodbye) :wink:

Yeah that Speedmaster is awesome. I'd imagine you'll have no shortage of takers, some poor children will probably have to go without presents this year as a result.

Master

My speedie date has a bracelet also which has never been worn. It is just as it left the factory. I decided that because I have the SMP on a bracelet it would be better to drive the speedie with a leather strap. The strap you see there is an ostrich skin strap which is of great quality. I bought it on flea-bay for £24. I thought it was worth a punt and I have been more than happy with it. I'd not used the seller before but the transaction went smoothly with no problems. I'd get another if I wanted another colour or something.

Thanks for that link, strap compliments the speedy very well :thumbright:

Grand Master

Two great watches, Omega really do know how to treat a watch that's in their care .. will have to get myself another SMP, had all 3 dial variants, but unsure as to my fav.
    /vince ..

In fact I need some wabi on the clasp as I am being a bit precious with it as i sit here typing. I'm sure that will stop in a few days! :wink:
    Just to keep you updated: The clasp is now marked from typing after only a few hours (my laptop is aluminium and therefore it is easy to scratch the clasp when typing) and so I can wear the watch without worry... :cry:

Business as usual!

Craftsman

Couple of stunning watches in your stable! I am a sucker for Omegas, so PLEASE do not post that SPEEDY for sale. I just cannot buy another watch right now. Well perhaps I could flip something but what??????????????????????????????????????

I bought her a present yesterday from Eddie and it arrived in todays post (Thanks Eddie!).

I've never tried a Nato on any of my watches so thought I'd give one a go. I thought it might be a good holiday strap.

What does everyone reckon? Nato or bracelet? I think I prefer the bracelet but the Nato will probably become a summer time / holiday strap.

Sorry for the crap picture, it was taken with my phone!

I've just put the same strap on my SMP Chrono and really like it.

[quote=triumph coupe]
    Quote Originally Posted by "triumph coupe":35o2dprm
    In fact I need some wabi on the clasp as I am being a bit precious with it as i sit here typing. I'm sure that will stop in a few days! :wink:
    Just to keep you updated: The clasp is now marked from typing after only a few hours (my laptop is aluminium and therefore it is easy to scratch the clasp when typing) and so I can wear the watch without worry... :cry:

Business as usual![/quote:35o2dprm]
    Hi,
    Try a Garyflex block works a treat.
    Best wishes.

Do you mind if I ask how much the service cost? I presume you went through an AD and the watch was sent to Bienne? I was considering getting an old Constellation refurbished but I think the figure I was looking at would have been in the region of €600 or €700 (this was about 3 years ago).

Thanks,
    G.

@jones - cheers I will give it a try!

@Barney - it was £200 through an AD. They quoted 10 weeks but it was done in 9. Still a bloody long time, but it has come back looking like a brand spanker. I am very pleased with the job they did on the case and bracelet.

Grand Master

ta for that will have a looksie

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Nice pair of Omegas. I wear my black SMP on a NATO most of the time, and keep the heavier Planet Ocean on the bracelet, though it also looks very good on a NATO.
    Steve