closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oh no, Tissot!

Oh no, Tissot!

I fancy a T-Touch. I really quite liked the green dial one on SC this week but I thought: wait until after Christmas. And then today I see an advert on TV for the T-Touch! This means it's a fashion watch. How can I buy one now? I could never tell you: the shame of it! I'd have to cover it with my cuff or do a Lord Nelson impression (with two arms).
    I'm distraught. :(

Re: Oh no, Tissot!

I've tried the T-Touch and it was a great functional watch but if I was to get one I'd get the Sea-Touch it's a real beast and functional too 8)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Worn a T-Touch for 6 years as my beater for work, I'm a gas engineer so it does take a bit of a bashing and hasn't let me down yet.

Only had one battery change in all that time and I actually use some of the functions on the watch everyday

:lol:

Received a new Sea Touch this morning, pics to follow.

Outstanding quality and finish for the money, far too toolish for the fashionista, big chunk of mega-lumed metal.

Go on, you know you want to!

D

I'll second what dielwriter says. I am still in awe of my Sea-Touch. A truly outstanding dive watch. The quality is amazing with one of the best defined digital displays out there. I think it will be a future classic. Highly recommended.

Just done a search on the SeaTouch and I'm very impressed!!!

Think I'll be looking to get one when back in the UK.

Any pics from our member-owners? :bounce:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master

don't buy a t tough, buy my tissot pr100 diver!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    I fancy a T-Touch. I really quite liked the green dial one on SC this week but I thought: wait until after Christmas. And then today I see an advert on TV for the T-Touch! This means it's a fashion watch. How can I buy one now? I could never tell you: the shame of it! I'd have to cover it with my cuff or do a Lord Nelson impression (with two arms).
    I'm distraught. :(

The green one on the SC like the yellow one here, are a separate model called 'Trekking'.
    http://ablogtoread.com/general/survivor ... ing-watch/

They can also be had in orange ... and all black PVD. Cheap too as I think they are now an old model.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Severe SHS!

:cry:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I think the SHS is one reason I didn't jump at it. Still a nice watch though.

I was looking on Amazon and apparently the Ti Tissot T-Touch weighs 1000g. Hmm. Perhaps it comes on wheels. :wink:

Master

My T-Touch, work beater for 3+ years, very useful functions, and tough.

I've ordered a T-Touch Expert from Amazon. I didn't need the depth gauge of the Sea-Touch. Actually I don't need the altimeter either but what the heck. ;)

I've ordered a T-Touch Expert...
    Good choice IMO...

I got the above model back in August as a daily wearer, and it fits that bill perfectly. The TC quartz is remarkably accurate at +1 second since August :shock: , (better than my TC Breitling M1 even), and all the other functions are also impressively accurate and user friendly... Ah, apart that is from how you set the alarms (which is especially annoying on the countdown timer)... this aspect of the interface was designed by a clown I'm afraid, and by the time you finish setting it, your event might easily have passed you by! :roll:

Otherwise, a superb all-rounder. :wink:

I have a Tissot PRC200, although not a "proper" watch, it certainly is a fine looking watch. :thumbleft:

I can also vouch for the incredible accuracy of the T-Touch expert. +1sec over 3 months.

Hope so; getting excited now. Doubtless I'll be out when it arrives so that'll be another wait so I can get it. :(

You will love it. A great daily wearer and unusually for an ana-digit, you can tell the time at a glance. I love the way every 20s the hands move in sync with the digital seconds. High quality for the money.

Just opened the very heavy pack. The instruction book is of almost Biblical proportions. The watch looks smart and seems more instrument that jewellery. Can't play much with it now as I have visitors arriving any moment.

Master

Just opened the very heavy pack. The instruction book is of almost Biblical proportions. The watch looks smart and seems more instrument that jewellery. Can't play much with it now as I have visitors arriving any moment.
    Can't you just close the curtains & hide behind the sofa and peruse your instruction book in peace?

i`m maybe the only one who hates it to touch the glass of a watch :-)

The glass does show fingerprints if you use it but they polish off easily for normal watch mode.
    I wore mine all yesterday. Big brute it is - not sure if it would fit under a shirt cuff easily. I kept the plastic on the bracelet but still managed to put a little scratch on the watch head. Damned textured kitchen sink.
    Lume is good; lasted all night after a decent charge with a torch.
    Time setting is a nightmare, sort of. No quickset like normal quartz. You have to scroll up or down through the hours and minutes to set the time and through the hours and days to set the day, then though the days and months to set the year.
    In the digital display it shows by default either the time (or second time) or the date including the year. Why do I want to know the year at a glance? I haven't just woken from a coma. I'd like it to display the date and the seconds.
    I haven't yet figured out how to set the time to the second. This is one case where the manual is required bedtime reading.

I live 72m above sea level and my house faces just shy of North East. 8)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by km9
    I have a Tissot PRC200, although not a "proper" watch, it certainly is a fine looking watch. :thumbleft:

Why isn't this a 'proper' watch?
    It's a stylish, swiss made chronograph from a maker with great heritage. Don't feel you have to be humbled by the people flashing £kkkkk watches around. Your PRC200 is most definately 'proper'. 8)

Apprentice

I have had a standard T-touch for 7 years and must have worn it almost every day. It's still looks great I think. It broke down last year, after using any of the functions the hands would not return to the time but some random position. I was advised to send it for a service which I did. It was repaired and serviced for about £85, I think they put a new mechanism in it.

I use the functions like altimeter, barometer and compass quite a lot and the altimeter is surprisingly accurate but you do need to calibrate it now and again.

Have to admit I was a bit devastated when I saw the advert on TV, the thing I like about them is you hardly ever see them. For a watch with so many functions I think it is very very neat.

The only thing that is slightly annoying is it will default back to displaying the time in the digital part rather than the date / month.

Taken last year on holiday:

At £500 you still won't see that many of them around. People who buy fashion watches would baulk at the cost of that. It's certainly my most expensive watch to date.

Quote Originally Posted by dtdukok
    Quote Originally Posted by km9

Why isn't this a 'proper' watch?
    It's a stylish, swiss made chronograph from a maker with great heritage. Don't feel you have to be humbled by the people flashing £kkkkk watches around. Your PRC200 is most definately 'proper'. 8)
    Thanks for the comforting word. It was a little tongue in cheek.
    Oh! and I do love my Tissot.

That PRC200 looks very cool.

I always wanted a T-Touch Navigator like the one above. It never reached no. 1 on my wish list so I didn't ever get it.

As an aside I see Tissot are starting to advertise their watches on the telly...."my Dad swam to 30m with his Sea-Touch".

Yep. See my first post... ;)

oops!

Im happy with my Expert. I use it for the outdoors stuff.

Full titainium makes it very light -

Master

Looks great, just been looking at the t-touch expert and the Sea touch i think i need one now!! :D

Quick and dirty pic:

One of the things that really surprised me is that the date you can see there is in British form: day, month, year. I rarely meet that on a watch.

...One of the things that really surprised me is that the date you can see there is in British form: day, month, year. I rarely meet that on a watch.
    It can display both... you can change it to the wrong way by going to either 12h format or to the Fahrenheit/feet format. :wink:

Anyone know how the bracelet pins are removed? They look to be screws but they don't unscrew. Maybe split pins? I'm hesitant to try more than I have.

Anyone know how the bracelet pins are removed? They look to be screws but they don't unscrew. Maybe split pins? I'm hesitant to try more than I have.
    Simple mate; just push them through from either side of the drilled lugs. Just be careful you don't lose one of the collars when the bracelet becomes free.

I use the rounded end of my Burgeon 6767F strap remover.

JK