TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dissapointed with an AP ROC

Banned

Re: Dissapointed with an AP ROC

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix
    I should add i saw this watch before buying the one i've got, i contacted the seller and his story changed from it being a '1 month old' watch to being the personal watch of an AP AD owner in his native Belgium (i think it was Belgium). So it suddenly went from 'almost new' to having a few years use, before the guy sold it on and then dated it from the date he sold it.

I then saw the picture, two nice dings in the bezel and at that point stopped replying about the watch.

I think you should get back to him about this, as stated it was being advertised as a 1 month old watch when it was nowhere near that, the desk diving scratches were all over the watch from what i saw. I think the guy has to either take it back, or pay for the repairs, he might have a good reputation on the other forum but i tend to make my own opinions, and i'm favouring taffy on this one!
    Or the guy bought the watch undated wore it for a few years then dated it prior to sale?

I see on the original ad he describes it as 99% worn 1 month, was he in the army?

http://www.newturfers.com/vb/showthread ... =royal+oak

The story i got was as above, he bought it off a friend who owned an AD, this friend wore it for a couple of years, then sold it, he hadn't dated the papers until he sold it on to this guy.

Your watch even though it was 9 years old was a much better example from what i saw, the service cost you got hit with will be a similar amount to fixing this one if taffy wants a new crystal, service and clasp, which is a hell of a lot of money.
    Nah I will send it back to AP who I spoke with today (Victoria I think) and they said they will either fix the clasp or replace it. The crystal scratch although long can only be seen at certain angles and AP also said whilst in they would give it a good clean for me. Unfortunately I have fallen for this watch even with all the above (Right sucker for a lost cause me :lol: ) I even picked the runt of the litter when I picked a Puppy. I will let the seller know the costs and see what he says, somehow I am not holding my breath. I thing that also got my back up was I posted all this on the other forum's Bad Guys (It states in the rules if you have encountered a bad buying experiance to post for other members so I did) Straight away the Admin of the site jumped to the defence of the seller :roll: I explained again all the above yet he justified it by saying "The seller had offered to take it back" I explained all the trouble I went through to get this watch including over 12 hours traveling and having to buy enough Euros and again he sided with the seller. I then pointed out that the seller should have pointed out all the above problems and should have definately mentioned the age , this alone warrented a post in the Bad Guys section but yet again he defended the seller. In the end I edited my thread saying "Not worth the Hassle" And straight away Admin deleted all traces of the thread including his replies. Oh well.

Mart

Grand Master

Unfortunately you have just found one of the many clique forums on the internet, they won't hear a bad word about any of their group, still it's also one of the most boring and lightly used sites as well so better avoided :D

Grand Master

I've just re-read the thread on turf, he does stipulate it's 'nearly new' and goes on about it being '1 month old'. He has basically lied through his teeth.

I'm also starting to remember a few other things that put me off, such as not getting decent photos for a while, or an actual price, although he is a distinguished WIS over there so i guess it's all a case of sweep sweep for them, i also notice a comment has been deleted by the moderator last month, even though the original post was 3 months prior to this, either the slowest Mod in history or a Mod deleting something that the original buyer didn't want mentioned!

Banned

I've just re-read the thread on turf, he does stipulate it's 'nearly new' and goes on about it being '1 month old'. He has basically lied through his teeth.

I'm also starting to remember a few other things that put me off, such as not getting decent photos for a while, or an actual price, although he is a distinguished WIS over there so i guess it's all a case of sweep sweep for them, i also notice a comment has been deleted by the moderator last month, even though the original post was 3 months prior to this, either the slowest Mod in history or a Mod deleting something that the original buyer didn't want mentioned!
    As I said NO WAY ON THIS EARTH could he NOT have known about the Clasp and the scratch on the crystal NO WAY.

I tried posting a thread to warn other members and got chastised (for a better word) by the site Admin, once I removed my comments BANG the thread was deleted.

Oh well this is the second time I have had a watch not as described, There will not be a third :evil:

Mart

Master

Sorry to hear about your troubles Mart - bit of a nightmare, eh :(

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Mart - bit of a nightmare, eh :(

Hi Gary

Not really mate it will soon be CHRISTMAS 8) :lol:

Mart

Craftsman

Doesn't his advert say that it was being sold with an AP warranty? If AP don't confirm this he has clearly lied about this and even the site moderator would have to admit that. In that case, it would only be fair for him to cover the cost of the repair to the clasp, if nothing else.

Grand Master

Just noticed that they've removed your comment about not being happy with the condition of the watch from the advert now, but they've left the one where you say you were happy about winning the auction :shock:

http://newturfers.com/vb/showthread.php ... =royal+oak

Blog Entries

Belgians.....................(and now even as an EU president :evil: :evil: )

Should we all do a mass invasion to the sellers website and express OUR views ... ??:wink:
    They should NOT get away with conning buyers !

Peter

good luck, hope you get some joy :(

Banned

Just noticed that they've removed your comment about not being happy with the condition of the watch from the advert now, but they've left the one where you say you were happy about winning the auction :shock:

http://newturfers.com/vb/showthread.php ... =royal+oak
    Yep :roll: I had a PM from a mod saying the comment had nothing to do with the sale of the watch :?: I think it has as much to do with the sale as the previous post I made surely? And as I said earlier the site admin jumped on me straight away because I left a BAD GUY thread. It was to the point where I just could not be arsed. I also received a reply from the seller saying he WITHDREW ANY OFFER OF TAKING THE WATCH BACK AS I HAD TRIED TO BLACKEN HIS NAME?

Hayho I say

Merry Christmas everyone

Mart

Sometimes you can want something so much and build it up in your imagination and when you get it you end up disappointed! Buying a watch can be like a Marriage, good idea at the time ..... but!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Martin, I just read the thread and honnestly I feel sorry for what you had to go through. I was very close to buy Oliver' s watch but got too slow in the end. I will also be looking for the very same watch at some stage.

Akk I can say to everyone here is that Martin is a top man. He sold me a brand new rolex gmt2c and everything went super smooth... If only everyone was like you!
    The pam90 gets more wrist time though.

Keep me posted with the progress. If you ever fall out of love with the watch, please let me know.

Grand Master

They are such a lovely watch and my one is something i'd been working up to for a while, if i'd gone through the same saga i think i'd have given up this whole watch thing, aiming for something and giving up a lot to end up having more trouble :(

Hopefully it all works out, AP are good and i hope they can do the work and at a good price.

Banned

They are such a lovely watch and my one is something i'd been working up to for a while, if i'd gone through the same saga i think i'd have given up this whole watch thing, aiming for something and giving up a lot to end up having more trouble :(

Hopefully it all works out, AP are good and i hope they can do the work and at a good price.
    I am waiting until after Christmas now Argee, and pop to London in the January sales and go on a shopping day 8) I will drop my AP in by hand and they will sort everything out for me including the third year Warranty. It is currently sat in my safe all on it's own :cry:

erics

Many thanks my friend, you also know what I went through getting the Euros together to buy this AP (thanks for the help by the way). Yes I sold my GMTIIc so I could afford to buy the AP. I have to be honest the AP is a georgeous watch and I find myself taking it out the safe just to have a look at it 8)

As for selling it, I think it is currently worth around £6,200 and about £6,500 when sorted (the clasp will be fixed under warranty and they will give it a nice clean as well 8) )

I still have an itch for a TT Daytona and a very TRUSTWORTHY member on this site is currently in talks with me about one :D

Mart

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

keep me posted what you decide when you have it back. Bearing in mind I missed one (idiot) for 5.5k. I will not be rushing out with this kind of money. But I like the watch. Shall we talk in January?

Grand Master

The one that was 5.5k reappeared for sale at 6.25k, i don't think it sold as the same seller listed it about 3 weeks later.

The prices vary for these quite a bit, the 25860s seem to be around 6-7k from what i see, the 26300s are a little bit more, i went for a brand new one for piece of mind, which is worth it as it's 3 years without worry of it breaking down and needing a very expensive and long service.

If one comes up like taffys at 6.5k in nearly new condition after a service then it's a very good price, Blowers have two just now, a 25860 at £8750 and a 26300 at £9450 :shock:

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by taffytoon

I am waiting until after Christmas now Argee, and pop to London in the January sales and go on a shopping day 8) I will drop my AP in by hand and they will sort everything out for me including the third year Warranty. It is currently sat in my safe all on it's own :cry:

erics

Many thanks my friend, you also know what I went through getting the Euros together to buy this AP (thanks for the help by the way). Yes I sold my GMTIIc so I could afford to buy the AP. I have to be honest the AP is a georgeous watch and I find myself taking it out the safe just to have a look at it 8)

As for selling it, I think it is currently worth around £6,200 and about £6,500 when sorted (the clasp will be fixed under warranty and they will give it a nice clean as well 8) )

I still have an itch for a TT Daytona and a very TRUSTWORTHY member on this site is currently in talks with me about one :D

Mart
    Martin

Have you got a pic? Just wondering if it's same one I had.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley

erics

Mart
    Martin

Dont think it would be the same one Paul, This was owned by the AP and I bought it from the second owner and the papers are in his name.

Mart

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by erics
    keep me posted what you decide when you have it back. Bearing in mind I missed one (idiot) for 5.5k. I will not be rushing out with this kind of money. But I like the watch. Shall we talk in January?

We can talk now at £6200 :lol:

All jokes aside at this price this watch is still good value erics. I am just really anal about people being honest when selling a watch. If the seller had told me about the few marks and even the clasp I would have still bought it but just a little lower than I paid. It looks beautiful and all the niggly problems can be sorted with ease. And at the end of the day I still have nearly 3 full years warranty.

I would take a LNIB TT Daytona white face in part trade and I would also add money to buy a Daytona WG Meteorite dial, if you have either of these let me know :wink:

Mart

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley

erics

Mart
    Martin

Dont think it would be the same one Paul, This was owned by the AP and I bought it from the second owner and the papers are in his name.

Mart
    Thanks Mart

I got confused by the ROC

I thought calendar, with 2 day n month windows.

Had chrono too. Shame you don't like it.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Banned

Paul

The watch itself I love, I am just petrified I am going to loose it or damage it with the clasp the way it is. I think once I get it sorted it will be going nowhere for a long while :D

I can just keep saving for my Daytona and have them both. :wink:

Mart

Grand Master

The AP ROC is similar to the Daytona, except it's better finished, nicer looking and has a date function :D

Banned

The AP ROC is similar to the Daytona, except it's better finished, nicer looking and has a date function :D

But other than that :lol:

All the more reason to keep it Argee 8)

Grand Master

Oh yeah, and the movement looks nice, just a pity they forgot about the display caseback :lol:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix
    I should add i saw this watch before buying the one i've got, i contacted the seller and his story changed from it being a '1 month old' watch to being the personal watch of an AP AD owner in his native Belgium (i think it was Belgium). So it suddenly went from 'almost new' to having a few years use, before the guy sold it on and then dated it from the date he sold it.

I then saw the picture, two nice dings in the bezel and at that point stopped replying about the watch.

I think you should get back to him about this, as stated it was being advertised as a 1 month old watch when it was nowhere near that, the desk diving scratches were all over the watch from what i saw. I think the guy has to either take it back, or pay for the repairs, he might have a good reputation on the other forum but i tend to make my own opinions, and i'm favouring taffy on this one!
    Or the guy bought the watch undated wore it for a few years then dated it prior to sale?

I see on the original ad he describes it as 99% worn 1 month, was he in the army?

http://www.newturfers.com/vb/showthread ... =royal+oak

I have just received another PM from a moderator from the site -

Martin,
    The other Mods and I have noted your veiled remarks over the past few days. You had on one occasion posted in the buy and sell section about your deal with **************** .

I , at that time, had deleted your post and remarked that the appropriate place to discuss dissatisfaction was the Bad Guys section.

You had in fact put up a bad guys post but had deleted your comments citing " Its not worth it" . Since you had decided to delete your posts, I deleted the whole thread.

Again, I must caution you against passing these kind of remarks on the forum. If you have any grievances then you must post them in the appropriate section of the forum ( In this case- The Bad guys section)

You must give ***** the opportunity to respond and try and sort this matter out amicably. If not then you are free to post in the bad guys section , where ***** will be able to respond with his side of the story.

Suhail.

I am amazed that moderators obviously think it is fine for an alleged respected member to blatently lie about the description of a watch for sale on the forum. Another member voices his concerns in the correct section yet gets jumped on by the site admin!!

I guarantee I will be banned from the forum as I have mentioned the PM on this forum.

Double Standards is an understatment. I have received many PM's from members on here that are also members on the other forum saying they are disgusted with the way the other site has handled this situation.

Mart

Grand Master

Not really a surprise, they appear to be quite a close knit group over there, as i said i can pretty much state now that the seller was lying in his sales post as i got further information out of him, which he didn't give you either, a one month old watch suddenly turned into a 'well looked after 2-3 year old watch that was used by the owner of an AP dealership as his personal watch'.

Banned

Not really a surprise, they appear to be quite a close knit group over there, as i said i can pretty much state now that the seller was lying in his sales post as i got further information out of him, which he didn't give you either, a one month old watch suddenly turned into a 'well looked after 2-3 year old watch that was used by the owner of an AP dealership as his personal watch'.

He is also a Coward to be honest. We both said our piece via email and he then ran crying to the sites mods FFS :roll:

Eddie the way you run this site is far better than any other and it is a credit to you.

Grand Master

Hopefully you'll get the watch back from AP and it'll be as good as new, it's a shame this happens as it's the biggest fear for any of us, but the glimmer at the end of this is getting the watch you want back and in tip top shape.

AP are fantastic though, i've just had another good chat with the London office as i didn't get the manual with my watch, but a quick email and i have one in the post as we speak as they've sourced one from Switzerland and couriering it to me :D

Banned

Hopefully you'll get the watch back from AP and it'll be as good as new, it's a shame this happens as it's the biggest fear for any of us, but the glimmer at the end of this is getting the watch you want back and in tip top shape.

AP are fantastic though, i've just had another good chat with the London office as i didn't get the manual with my watch, but a quick email and i have one in the post as we speak as they've sourced one from Switzerland and couriering it to me :D

Or just move it on with an honest description? Truth is this watch does have full warranty and the clasp can be fixed or replaced by AP AD. I still have an itch for a TT Daytona.

Master

Will AP honor the warrenty? As soon as they see it they'll know it's more than a couple of months old? As you say it's a 2004 watch and it sounds like the clasp is worn out rather than broken?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed
    Will AP honor the warrenty? As soon as they see it they'll know it's more than a couple of months old? As you say it's a 2004 watch and it sounds like the clasp is worn out rather than broken?

Not sure to be honest? All I know is what is dated on the papers my mate.

I did post a bad guy thread on Phonetrader and currently suffering the backlash :roll:

It seems you can not voice your opinion on TURF :cry:

I take this back as my post has had all the venomus posts removed by the sellers boyfriend :lol:

Interesting story and very instructive on the do's and dont's of watchbuying. Having said that I believe that you must persevere Mart as once the watch has emerged after treatment there is a better than even chance that you will look at it in a new light. The Royal Oak chrono is one of the great designs backed up with movement of excellence. Robbie

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by robbie
    Interesting story and very instructive on the do's and dont's of watchbuying. Having said that I believe that you must persevere Mart as once the watch has emerged after treatment there is a better than even chance that you will look at it in a new light. The Royal Oak chrono is one of the great designs backed up with movement of excellence. Robbie

You may be right :D

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren
    Belgians.....................(and now even as an EU president :evil: :evil: )

Should we all do a mass invasion to the sellers website and express OUR views ... ??:wink:
    They should NOT get away with conning buyers !

Peter

You have a problem with Belgians ?

Do people really buy these things, it usually celebs and the like, that are paid to wear the damn things, like golfer Lee Westwood.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by captainhowdy
    Do people really buy these things, it usually celebs and the like, that are paid to wear the damn things, like golfer Lee Westwood.

You're thinking of the ROO 'Offshores' i think, the monstrosities of the watchworld :lol:

Cracking looking watch but how much?? That is the price of a small car...

You're thinking of the ROO 'Offshores' i think, the monstrosities of the watchworld :lol:

You really think so ?
    It's not the most elegant watch out there, I know. But a sportswatch doesn't need to.
    Imo the ROO is the most beautifull sportswatch one can get.

And this is a perfect example :-) Look what an amazing dial !
    If you don't like the black Kevlar you can put is on a blue croc or even black croc.
    (The shark strap is not my favorite)

Not seen any that I like, same with those Hoblot watches, too much going on, and they end up looking like these have been designed by a commitee.

Not for me I'm afraid

Grand Master

Not seen any that I like, same with those Hoblot watches, too much going on, and they end up looking like these have been designed by a commitee.

Not for me I'm afraid

Yeah, the ROOs are a bit over the top, there are a couple i like but there's about 200 i don't :lol:

The whole thing started with the Royal Oak designed by Gerald Genta, it is a classic design and dial, but has somehow been pumped with steroids and the dial designs given to first year art students with the ROO.