closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Service *** With photos ***

Rolex Service *** With photos ***

I collected my Rolex Submariner this morning, some fifteen weeks after I dropped it off to them. It really is amazing what they do with the watches. Mine was covered in scratches but has come back looking brand new, just like getting a new watch. It was a long wait but worth it. I'll try and put some photos up at the weekend.

Master

Re: Rolex Service

I'm sure they deliberately take 3 months+ knowing that a good proportion of people will buy another watch :lol:

They certainly seem to be able to perform minor miracles though.

Re: Rolex Service

Good to hear about another good job but pretty depressing that for 14 of those 15 weeks it was probably sat in a draw waiting :|
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Re: Rolex Service *** With photos ***

Some quick photos:

Master

Minty 8)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

do you have a before shot as well? looks good

cheers
    mike :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    do you have a before shot as well? looks good

cheers
    mike :wink:
    Hard to find one that captured the many scratches but here's one:

Master

They certainly can work miracles there :)

What was the deal with the dots on the crown (underneath the Rolex logo) again? I see that one has two, where as I have three on my sub?

The sub above has a twinlock crown, where as yours sounds like it has a tripple lock

Master

When I was down at Bexley in November I questioned the lengthy lead times for servicing and the technician told me that currently it is 12-15 weeks and it was purely down to a lack of staff and space at the current facility.

They plan to move to Maidstone next year and employ more techs to help the situation, he said the aim is to get the lead time down to 4-5 weeks.

Great job btw, highly impressive 8)

Quote Originally Posted by ctafield
    They certainly can work miracles there :)

What was the deal with the dots on the crown (underneath the Rolex logo) again? I see that one has two, where as I have three on my sub?
    The crown has three dots, buy my poor photo taking only shows two of them :lol:

Ichaice -

Was this part of a normal service? Or did they charge more for all the polising and what not? I imagine the 'basic' service is very pricey, so that a bit of a polish might be part of the deal...

BG

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble
    Ichaice -

Was this part of a normal service? Or did they charge more for all the polising and what not? I imagine the 'basic' service is very pricey, so that a bit of a polish might be part of the deal...

BG
    No, the polish/valet was included in the service price of £255

a beauty!

Apprentice

Looks really nice, dumb question from a noob but I assume you are talking about getting it serviced at Rolex??

Also, just wondering how old the watch is and how often you would need to get it serviced?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Fox
    Looks really nice, dumb question from a noob but I assume you are talking about getting it serviced at Rolex??

Also, just wondering how old the watch is and how often you would need to get it serviced?
    Yes, serviced by Rolex. It's a 2002 model and Rolex say it should be serviced every five years or so. Some people wait until their watch starts running fast/slow.

Looking good! Do a nice job don't they?

Did you get any freebies gifts, with it being Xmas and all that - i've had calendars, pouches and suchlike off them in the past :)

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Looking good! Do a nice job don't they?

Did you get any freebies gifts, with it being Xmas and all that - i've had calendars, pouches and suchlike off them in the past :)
    I got a travel pouche....but only after I asked for a travel case :o

Master
    Looks OK but I think they used the apprentice to polish the sides by hand. See how it dips in around the lug holes? How the reflection changes as you get closer to it? Classic evidence of being done by hand and trying a little too hard to get a mirror finish.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by DeusIrae
    Looks OK but I think they used the apprentice to polish the sides by hand. See how it dips in around the lug holes? How the reflection changes as you get closer to it? Classic evidence of being done by hand and trying a little too hard to get a mirror finish.
    I think you'll find that is not the case. Any imperfections are purely a result of my poor camera skills :roll:

Master
    Even poor pictures don't cover that one up. It's no big deal. Just send it to Bienne or Copenhagen next time.

By hand I mean with a static buff but the watch held by hand rather than the fully computer controlled method they are using in Bienne.

Re:

Even poor pictures don't cover that one up. It's no big deal. Just send it to Bienne or Copenhagen next time.

By hand I mean with a static buff but the watch held by hand rather than the fully computer controlled method they are using in Bienne.
    Thanks for your expertise and you're right it is no big deal. I'm happy with it as it is.

They've really improved the time keeping on the watch as well. When I sent it in it was running ouside of COSC at + 8 seconds per day. Since picking it up yesterday morning it is now running at +1 second 8)

Looks great in the photos! 8) £255 is great value imho, I'm seen many an invoice for a simple service from tag heuer for a lot more!
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

a great job done i think. makes you realize, dont worry so much when we scratch our own rollies

andy

Craftsman

The RSC work is second to none, and at £250 after 5+ yrs, not expensive at all...Any other premium brand would see you getting into 3 figures and way over 3mths.

Great refurb job by the service team.

Have to agree with the others - the price is reasonable compared to other major brands.

Master
    Blog Entries

Doesn't look bad mirroring!

Obvs this was a little better :wink: :-

Regs

Bry

Nice Job

I'm really impressed by the work Rolex did on this watch. When I received it it was 8 seconds fast each day. Now after a week it has lost a total of 3 seconds......impressive :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ichaice
    ...Now after a week it has lost a total of 3 seconds......impressive :)
    Take it back for a regulation to get it +1 or less. Losing time is unacceptable, IMHO.

...Now after a week it has lost a total of 3 seconds......impressive :)
    Take it back for a regulation to get it +1 or less. Losing time is unacceptable, IMHO.
    That's +3 seconds over the course of the whole week, not per day! IMHO that's very acceptable :roll:

Looks good - I think the price for Rolex service is good value - better than breitling and Cartier inmy experience -what price is a modern Omega anyone?
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    Looks good - I think the price for Rolex service is good value - better than breitling and Cartier inmy experience -what price is a modern Omega anyone?
    Just Sent my Breitling for service and they quoted £250 and 9 weeks. Told them there might be a problem with the keyless works (date adjustment is a bit hit and miss) and they said they'd take care of it in the price of the service.

Very impressive

Ross

Master
    That's +3 seconds over the course of the whole week, not per day! IMHO that's very acceptable :roll:
    Not in my book. Losing = bad. Last time I had mine in at RSC it came back gaining 0.5s per week. Always better to gain than lose.

Re:

Not in my book. Losing = bad. Last time I had mine in at RSC it came back gaining :D 0.5s per week. Always better to gain than lose.
    can someone remind me how to block unwanted users? :D

Master

Re: Re:

can someone remind me how to block unwanted users? :D
    :D

I had a similar experience - my Explorererer II went into service after 7 years on my wrist and when it came back I really had to look hard to make sure they hadn't just given me a new watch - very impressive.

Looking good :)