closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming Tuna with a new incoming strap (Pics)

Incoming Tuna with a new incoming strap (Pics)

After months deliberating on whether my small wrists could handle a Darth Tuna I decided what the hell and bit the bullet. Searat answered my WTB ad and I had a stunner but alas it did look slightly funny on my wrists with the Nato and Rhino's and the standard rubber just didn't do anything for me :cry:

After a quick search I came across Gasgasbones (Carl) and had a quick peek at his offerings. A few mails exchanged (thanks Carl for your patience) and I'd decided on a "Skinny" with a PVD buckle which I hoped would suit the Tuna and my wrist a little better. As it happens my sister was in a bit of a hole financially over Xmas and needed a bit of a helping hand. I'd pretty much spent up myself so had to sacrifice the Darth before the strap could arrive. I pretended I'd done the right thing convincing myself it was too big etc. I knew it would come back to haunt me and I'd regret it but family comes first as they say.

Fast forward to the New Year..........sister pays me back so I have something back in my watch fund and low and behold I'm searching for a Darth again. The same day Gerard posts his SBBN007 for sale and I have to have it. No Darth but it will curb my desire for at least a few months right? Wrong. The Tuna has arrived and I love it. Carls strap originally intended for the Darth has found an adopted host for now but looking at how good it looks I now know the search for a new Darth to complete my collection will be the goal for 2010.

Anyway enough waffling. Poor (very poor) pics attached to give you some idea on how it looks. Quite pleased with the results and for the money Carl charged you just can't go wrong. Still too big for my wrists but we all have our crosses to bear as my dad used to tell me :D

Re: Incoming Tuna with a new incoming strap (Pics)

A classic, congrats 8)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Nice and that strap looks perfect, think about one of these often to keep my Ti EcoZilla company............

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Ive just got myself a SBBN007 and I must say I am very impressed with mine :D
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Congrats on the new arrival for the second time :lol: I like those Tuna's but I know it would be to big to wear without it looking silly but I still want one. :D

Carl's velcro straps are fantastic value for money and they make a large watch very wearable. I have one for my X-33 and another for my Ploprof...

Cool-looking combo, congrats 8)

Quote Originally Posted by dutchgray
    I like those Tuna's but I know it would be to big to wear without it looking silly but I still want one. :D

Same here :D

Cheers

Stern

Great watch, I've often pondered buying one myself, but I really do have thin wrists :(

Mark

Master

It's a really great watch and it doesn't look to big for your wrist.

I know the case is big but the lugs are hidden and the dial is quite small so I doesn't look big imho, I wear mine without thinking about the size (6.75" wrist).

Looks good on the gasgas strap.

I just don't like the comfort of these thick ones

Looks really good and not to big at all :)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky
    Great watch, I've often pondered buying one myself, but I really do have thin wrists :(

Mark
    Bet mine are thinner Mark :D Seriously the other half nearly has wrists the same size as me :lol:

Appreciate all the comments. Need a Darth back in my life now

Journeyman

The Tuna is in all its wrongness really right, and I hope that one will find me one day soon :)