closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: beard trimming techniques

beard trimming techniques

having sprouted a rather decent bit of foliage over the last few weeks, i have decided that i want to go for a rather less biblical look. to those sporting beards , how do you keep yours in check?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Re: beard trimming techniques

Sported a beard for 10 plus years in the seventies & eighties.
    Go to a barber & ask for a beard trim. Watch what's done & what it's done with.
    Attempt at home. Shave beard off, because you've wrecked it :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
    I was a scissors & comb man, BTW...
    ______

​Jim.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    having sprouted a rather decent bit of foliage over the last few weeks, i have decided that i want to go for a rather less biblical look. to those sporting beards , how do you keep yours in check?
    BaByliss iTrim. Has a motorised head which adjusts electronically from 0.5mm to 15mm (I think, maybe 16mm). Very easy to get decent results, plus if you use it long side against the face it shaves too.

Same as above beard trimmer, I tell the wife its my designer stubble :D

Beard trimmer thingy. Set to desired length, then use as directed. Quite simple.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master

I haven't been clean shaven since I gave up working for a living 7 years ago .

I tend to sport the designer stubble look (but now thats its started to grey the wife calls it the Tramp look :shock: ) which often grows into a beard if left for a week or so. I then whip out the electric clippers (the sort barbers use for giving crew cuts) set it to the lowest setting, and within seconds I'm back to being stubbled.

Craftsman

Using a decent set of hair clippers I do my whole head and face to the same length (shortest possible as per Catflem) in one session each week. Jobs a good 'un (as the saying goes)!

I then spend the rest of the week fiddling with the bits I missed. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab
    BaByliss iTrim. Has a motorised head which adjusts electronically from 0.5mm to 15mm (I think, maybe 16mm). Very easy to get decent results, plus if you use it long side against the face it shaves too.
    another vote for the i-trim, if you dont mind buying a babyliss product.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by DMR
    Using a decent set of hair clippers I do my whole head and face to the same length (shortest possible as per Catflem) in one session each week. Jobs a good 'un (as the saying goes)!

I then spend the rest of the week fiddling with the bits I missed. :D

Same here, so much easier. I have found the Remington HC600's to be superb after trying out many others that either dont cut nicely or pinch my skin (I normally use it with no grade!).

Journeyman

I didn't get on with the I-trim, found you had to hold it against your face at a funny angle (could of been my head) and couldn't get an even trim. Took a chunk out my beard at one point too so had to shave it all down.

I went for the Philips Philishave QT4045 TurboVac Beard Trimmer, which also gives a very close stubble cut and hovers up most of the bits. http://www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?product_id=645 . You can run it round your face no problem and get an even trim.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by watch264
    I didn't get on with the I-trim, found you had to hold it against your face at a funny angle (could of been my head) and couldn't get an even trim. Took a chunk out my beard at one point too so had to shave it all down.

I went for the Philips Philishave QT4045 TurboVac Beard Trimmer, which also gives a very close stubble cut and hovers up most of the bits. http://www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?product_id=645 . You can run it round your face no problem and get an even trim.
    Also used both. Phillishave is significantly better.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab
    Had one of these for over a year, great piece of kit :)

Master

I use a Remington MB320, shortest setting for the " stubble " look. Tried the itrim but could not get on with it

http://www.johnlewis.com/230421142/Product.aspx

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by genesos
    I use a Remington MB320, shortest setting for the " stubble " look. Tried the itrim but could not get on with it

http://www.johnlewis.com/230421142/Product.aspx
    I need to look into this Remington MB320 trimmer. I had a Bosch trimmer for a decade 'til the recharge packed up.
    I tried a Tchibo strimmer - it was probably better employed on a hedge.
    Lately it's been scissors which aren't quite the thing!