closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chest pains following beer

Master

Chest pains following beer

Now I'm in no way a raging alcoholic, I don't generally eat rubbish and there's no history of heart problems in my family. However, a couple of days ago I polished off the remainder of my Christmas beer supply - not much, around eight 284ml bottles of Stella. Whilst enjoying the last one I had a pain that felt like being pierced; started at the front right and went through to the back right of my torso. I do suffer from heartburn quite a lot, particularly when drinking, but this was different.

Question for anyone here who's had heart problems; does that pain sound familiar?

Not fussed if it's heart problems or not really, I'm a firm believer in going when one's time is due, and frankly if I'm going to start suffering ongoing problems at 33 years of age then what's the point in living for another 4 decades having to avoid everything fun? :) Perhaps the subject for another thread eh.

Cheers!

Re: Chest pains following beer

The obvious: go to the GP. You might not be bothered about dying early but you'd prefer to die without too much suffering, I'd think. The GP will almost certainly refer you to the local hospital for a heart thingie.

Banned

Do you have difficulty swallowing? Food getting stuck?

Mart

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    The obvious: go to the GP. You might not be bothered about dying early but you'd prefer to die without too much suffering, I'd think. The GP will almost certainly refer you to the local hospital for a heart thingie.
    Aye, getting time off work is so tricky though. Next available week is at the end of March. :( That's why I thought I'd seek the knowledge of the chaps on here first.

Quote Originally Posted by taffytoon
    Do you have difficulty swallowing? Food getting stuck?
    Nope, no other problems whatsoever, everything's working tickedyboo.

Blog Entries

Best get yourself checked out mate, no expert but drinking can bring on all sorts of health complaints (doesnt sound like heart type pain in my limited experience, but I`m no doctor)
    I spent new year in hospital myself with a slight heart problem and have to go for a small operation to cure it.

Plenty of time off work when you have your quadruple bypass in five years time if you don't get it seen to now.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    Plenty of time off work when you have your quadruple bypass in five years time if you don't get it seen to now.
    :lol: No doubt mate. :)

Looking on the bright side; 1. I'll have plenty of time to relax and, 2. I'll actually get something back from an insurance company. :D

I'll be the optimist! You've only had four pints, it's more than likely just trapped wind. That can be very sore :)

Doctors ASAP I would say, health before wealth. Look after yourself. :love4:

best of luck

Paul

Do you not have a local Walk-in centre? They usually provide out of hours doctors services.

Master

Does your wife practice voodoo ?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetsnow
    I'll be the optimist! You've only had four pints, it's more than likely just trapped wind. That can be very sore :)
    That's my thinking! :D

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    Do you not have a local Walk-in centre? They usually provide out of hours doctors services.
    Nope. Nearest one is in Kingston which is a frickin' nightmare to get to, and then nobody is guaranteed being seen. I don't have any time as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by catflem
    She may well do, I'll have a look for effigies tonight. :D

Quote Originally Posted by catflem
    Ha ha ha brilliant !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned

I honestly think it is wind mate, it has brought big men to their knees. Next time it happens (if it does) slurp very cold milk and see what happens :wink: .

Master

I honestly think it is wind mate, it has brought big men to their knees. Next time it happens (if it does) slurp very cold milk and see what happens :wink: .
    I think you're right mate. I'll leave it for now and worry about it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab
    Yeah man, that's the spirit. I mean, we're not Sissies after all, eh?

Are you crazy? Few friends died because of heart attacks before they got 40!!!
    See a doctor mate, soon please!
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    Yeah man, that's the spirit. I mean, we're not Sissies after all, eh?

Are you crazy? Few friends died because of heart attacks before they got 40!!!
    See a doctor mate, soon please!

:lol: I'm not telling him NOT to see a doctor I'm only saying what I think it may be. A friend of mine was rushed in with chest pain and when they pressed his stomach apparently the biggest FART came out it had the nurses in stitches :lol:

Mart

Journeyman

I haven't had that experience drinking at home, however it is a regular occurence for me when a waitress arrives with my bill when I,m out :lol: . Get yourself checked, can do no harm, if your worried enough to ask- get an answer.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by bluther2
    I haven't had that experience drinking at home, however it is a regular occurence for me when a waitress arrives with my bill when I,m out :lol:
    Hehehe, that's why I stay in on new year's eve. I think £6.00 a pint is a bit much!

Now I'm in no way a raging alcoholic, I don't generally eat rubbish and there's no history of heart problems in my family. However, a couple of days ago I polished off the remainder of my Christmas beer supply - not much, around eight 284ml bottles of Stella. Whilst enjoying the last one I had a pain that felt like being pierced; started at the front right and went through to the back right of my torso. I do suffer from heartburn quite a lot, particularly when drinking, but this was different.

Question for anyone here who's had heart problems; does that pain sound familiar?

OK, first of all, I'm no doctor and I do think that you should see your GP. My sister is a doctor, however, and so is one of my best mates (an opthalmologist and a rheumatologist respectively - none of them a cardiologist, but my guess is that both are way more informed than the average GP). I called them and repeated your description of the incident, and guess what - while neither of them presumed to diagnose long-distance (they all say that don't they :lol:), they both said that it's probably your gall bladder acting up.

So go see your doctor mate and don't worry too much. Maybe drink a bit less next time? :D

Cheers

Stern

Master

Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    Maybe drink a bit less next time? :D
    A bit less?! That was just finishing up the spares before the wine!

Seriously, there's been enough comments on here to make me concerned enough to do something positive. So I'm going to tell my MD that he'll actually have to do some work for an hour or so whilst I go to the GP. Only hurdle is getting an appointment! :)

Maybe drink a bit less next time? :D
    A bit less?! That was just finishing up the spares before the wine!

Seriously, there's been enough comments on here to make me concerned enough to do something positive. So I'm going to tell my MD that he'll actually have to do some work for an hour or so whilst I go to the GP. Only hurdle is getting an appointment! :)

I'd say look into it and never mind work one bit - the wheels will keep on turning anyway. At least I tried to give an informed opinion, second-hand though it may have been :D

Let us know how you get on :wink:

Cheers

Stern

Master

At least I tried to contribute an informed opinion, second-hand though it may have been :D
    It matters not whether it was second hand, it's info and that's what I needed.

Oddly though my wife isn't even remotely concerned whether I go to the GPs or not, despite us being married for only 5 months. Maybe I've just made another mistake. :?

Master

A friends 38 year old brother just had a massive heart attack the other day, still alive but you never know. No family history either. I myself think you had gas and maybe you should stop drinking. As a matter of fact, anything beer can be sent to me for disposal :wink: :drunken: :lol:

Master

I'm sure it can. :)

"Re: Chest pains following beer"

It's when you get chest pains before a good swally that you should be worried. :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

I honestly think it is wind mate, it has brought big men to their knees. .
    I had that once and made the mistake of letting it go in company and very soon after that the wife brought me to my knees! :lol: