closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: panerai have been busy

panerai have been busy

this looks like the mirror for the post sihh 2010 panerai site, looks like there are lots of new models coming, not all the photos are there and the details are missing

it got posted on paneristi but got taken down

http://eds.panerai.com/s_page.xpd?id...2&id_sezione=3

Re: panerai have been busy

Noticed that too, wish it had the special edition pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by jbriddon
    Noticed that too, wish it had the special edition pictures!
    Indeed shame no pics with the special editions. I guess we wait till Monday :D

The Rad 3 days do looks really good especially in titanium and love the gold hands which on regular production watches I approve of, but if they are 42mm, as I said before I think they are too small. Nice to see inhouse 3 day handwound movement, improvement from the 58 hrs you get with the Unitas. I guess this will also mean that the Luminor historic range gets updated in 2011.

I also like the 351 , 1950 case in titanium and tabacco dial but i just wish
    it was hand wound and not the 3 day automatic.

:shock: :drunken: :drunken: - pretty much my dream watch, AND gold hands :drunken: . Only thing it lacks is domed crystal. This trumps the 312 IMO!

With pic:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp
    :shock: :drunken: :drunken: - pretty much my dream watch, AND gold hands :drunken: . Only thing it lacks is domed crystal. This trumps the 312 IMO!

With pic:

Much better than the 312 IMHO....love the brown dial and the Ti case. Also looks like there's a Ceramic 270 in there too....Might have to wait and see the price on that one :evil: :evil:

Possibly means that they have got over the manufacturing problems people claim they had with the 317 with regards to the ceramic case....

Again , so close but so far, why not a ceramic 233 instead of the 270 ???
    I'm sure they do this on purpose.

It's now asking for a username/password, anyone have any luck with the site?

They have pulled the site now.

pic of 270......think access has been blocked now.....

Love this model too....Eqaution of time complication which is completley useless but has always fascinated me. Interesting to see it in a less dressy model with the black case as i've only ever seen this complication on non-casual watches. Somehow I don't think this one will be in my price range :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by R11

Much better than the 312 IMHO....love the brown dial and the Ti case. Also looks like there's a Ceramic 270 in there too....Might have to wait and see the price on that one :evil: :evil:

Possibly means that they have got over the manufacturing problems people claim they had with the 317 with regards to the ceramic case....
    I will only be convinced they have got over their manufacturing process if these watches are released fairly quickly :wink: . On cost, well the 317 was expensive and the movement in the 270 is similar.

Interesting pictures and fun while it lasted :D

Did anyone get pics on the 2010 special editions, they didn't load on my screen :(

I dont think the pictures had been uploaded to the site at the time.

Master
    Blog Entries

233 appeared to be missing :?: Ceramic 270 will be a winner, as i'm sure a Ti, brown dial, gold hands, 312 will be :P

233 wasn't missing, it was listed under historics.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman
    233 appeared to be missing :?: Ceramic 270 will be a winner, as i'm sure a Ti, brown dial, gold hands, 312 will be :P
    Baz, 233 was there under the historic tab. The 8 day Rad with power reserve on the back with brown dial was almost perfect, ruined by the silly cyclops.

I agree with the brown, ti, 312 esque watch. A winner. I'll wait till the hype dies down and would try to pick one up in 2011. Price though maybe close to £5k :?

I liked the look of the 3 day rad in titanium. I also noticed that the 233 had been moved in to the historic section. It looked like the whole Manifattura section had been removed. I'm glad to see this thread has been maintained here. Shame no one was able to see the special editions.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp
    Baz, 233 was there under the historic tab. The 8 day Rad with power reserve on the back with brown dial was almost perfect, ruined by the silly cyclops.

I agree with the brown, ti, 312 esque watch. A winner. I'll wait till the hype dies down and would try to pick one up in 2011. Price though maybe close to £5k :?

So, the 233 has achieved 'historic' status, an interesting move. Anyone see what the '29' was, is that the much rumoured PVD base?

The old 29 was a luminor GMT with striped dial, i would be very surprised
    if they would use the same number for a different watch.
    I bet it will just be another slightly different re-issue

Master
    Blog Entries

The old 29 was a luminor GMT with striped dial, i would be very surprised
    if they would use the same number for a different watch.
    I bet it will just be another slightly different re-issue

I really should have remembered that Age and forgetfulness is a killer :lol:

Master
    Blog Entries

Only managed to lift these two earlier, before closure :!:

PAM 335......Ceramic 270 :P

PAM 351......Ti, brown dial, gold hands 312 :P :P :P

Grand Master

351 is a nice unit I have to say, I struggle with the lightweight of the Ti but understand its appeal. Shame its not available in a brushed steel case as that would tip me over the edge
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    351 is a nice unit I have to say, I struggle with the lightweight of the Ti but understand its appeal. Shame its not available in a brushed steel case as that would tip me over the edge
    I had the same concerns are you with Ti, but after trying on the 311 I was surprised there was still some heft. Considering the new 312 was quite a heavy watch I think Ti may be ok. I also think Ti suits the 1950 case better, never like Ti with the regular luminor case.

Please please don't post sneaky-sneak pic's of Panerais, it just levels the playing field and allows non Panerwristy's to get on the waiting list's early!
    My God...some of the buggers might even get SE's........ :roll:
    I have spoken/e-mailed many of my Pam-fried-friends and they all agreed that it is much better to be kept in the dark and then make their annual dash to the nearest AD - or maybe even make that once in a lifetime special 'Post SIHH Pilgrimage' to one of the Holy Boutiques- and grovel at the managers feet to be considered worthy of consideration for one of this years exciting new models.
    So please no more information that empowers the consumer, you're just ruininig everything the internet was created for!
    Ciao
    Joseppi

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.K
    Please please don't post sneaky-sneak pic's of Panerais, it just levels the playing field and allows non Panerwristy's to get on the waiting list's early!
    I have spoken/e-mailed many of my Pam-fried-friends and they all agreed that it is much better to be kept in the dark and then make their annual dash to the nearest AD - or maybe even make that once in a lifetime special 'Post SIHH Pilgrimage' to one of the Holy Boutiques- and grovel at the managers feet to be considered worthy of consideration for one of this years exciting new models.
    So please no more information that empowers the consumer, you're just ruininig everything the internet was created for!
    Ciao
    Joseppi

:?

A brown dial and Ti is always a perfect combination for a panerai....
    But I am not sure about the golden hands.

Cheers,
    Michael

Ciao
    Joseppi
    I have no idea what you are talking about, but it made me chuckle :lol:

I do find some of the reasons on Paneristi on why threads were deleted laughable. Thank god this place exists, none of that b.s. moderation here :)

Sorry for any confusion I was just toadying to the Panerai management in case they were reading -and you know they are- so I might be able to make it onto the list for the next 'Big Re-Issue'.
    I am certainly not knocking Panerai I still buy the things -and have owned far more than my fair share - but I developed a confusing kind of love/hate relationship with them over the years, I Love the watches and Hate the brand..and..Yes I understand that they are in effect one and the same... :?
    Ciao
    Joe aka Joseppi Sinatra

Master
    Blog Entries

Not long to wait now but 111 & 112 PVD, or even ceramic base models look to be pretty certain now :P

That will kill the aftermarket PVD'ers :|

351 looks hot. In fact there is a lot to like about all the new watches launched at SIHH.

351 - Ti Luminor
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...arina+Titanium

329 - Luminor, date, arabic numbers
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...esign+it+--%29

347 - Luminor, GMT, Power Reserve, bracelet
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...PAM+347+GMT+PR

365 - Grand Compilation, wallet breaking
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...alilieo+tie-in

338 - Ti 42mm Radomir
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...2+Rad+Titanium

336 - 42mm Radomir in Red Gold.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...m+Rad+Red+Gold

337 - 42mm Radomir
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...42+mm+Radiomir

346 - Ti Radomir, 8 days, 45mm
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...omir+T+itanium

348 - Radomir Skeleton, Ceramic, Ugly
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...M+348+Skeleton

323 - Radomir, 10 days, GMT, 47mm
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...ir+10+Days+GMT

335 - Luminor, Ceramic, GMT, 10 days
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...AM+335+Ceramic

339 - Radomir Composite - Marina Militaire - Enforces copyright!!! 47mm
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...omir+Composite

300 - Mare Nostrum
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...0+Mare+Nostrum

Does anyone know, are all the new rads 42mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    I think the 346 is 45mm and the 323 is 47mm.

Quote Originally Posted by swatch
    I think the 346 is 45mm and the 323 is 47mm.
    Not to mention the Marina Militare is 47mm as well. The 351 has my name on it I think, gonna have to delay a few purchases I think as it will probably be around the £5k mark...

According to the Ad's I phoned - before 11a.m this morning- the 339 and 300 are 'sold out' already (Most of them are only expecting one of each watch per shop and the waitng lists had four and five names on per-model already)!
    The 339 at least in the pics is stunning so no real surprise there I guess.
    Ciao
    Joe.

According to the Ad's I phoned - before 11a.m this morning- the 339 and 300 are 'sold out' already (Most of them are only expecting one of each watch per shop and the waitng lists had four and five names on per-model already)!
    The 339 at least in the pics is stunning so no real surprise there I guess.
    Ciao
    Joe.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were sold out a few days/maybe weeks before :twisted:

We still don't know production numbers on the special editions, 339 looks good, but maybe too light. Also the Mare is rumoured to cost around $30k+ :shock:

I've put my name down for a 351 this morning. That's the only one that really inspires me TBH. Now it's just a case of crossing fingers and waiting to see if I'm deemed one of the lucky ones :roll:

I've put my name down for a 351 this morning. That's the only one that really inspires me TBH. Now it's just a case of crossing fingers and waiting to see if I'm deemed one of the lucky ones :roll:
    It's a regular production though, so you should get one quick enough. I don't have any real relationship with my AD, so will just wait and see I guess....

Craftsman

Looks like the entry price on in house models is going to be at about £5k and i'd wager it won't be too long before the unitas models are phased out and £5k+ becomes the starting point for any new Panerai.

Also, have I read this right? Other than the Mare Nostrum there are no new subs!

Master
    Blog Entries

Still speculation at this time Paneristi seem slower this year with info' gathering.

339 is a 1000 unit item and according to several AD's i spoke to earlier, forget it :shock: Price is about 10K :?:

351 is the star of the show for me and priced at £5100 supposedly? I've requested this from three dealers i have history with, if i find myself with a surplus i'll make it known.

I'd like a 335, £10K claimed, but won't hold my breath. Overall i'm under whelmed. The 50mm Mare Nostrum is just silly, imo, and i happen not to like it, so a big saving there :wink:

A selection of 42mm Rads is an odd move but plenty will buy them, just not me.

No PVD base models i was 'assured' would materialise :? and another re-issue with the 29. It would be nice if they innovated not replicated :cry:

Further SE's still to be made public of course but my direction looks set already. Bring on some Ti, brown dial, gold hands loveliness :P

Craftsman

Still speculation at this time Paneristi seem slower this year with info' gathering.

339 is a 1000 unit item and according to several AD's i spoke to earlier, forget it :shock: Price is about 10K :?:

351 is the star of the show for me and priced at £5100 supposedly? I've requested this from three dealers i have history with, if i find myself with a surplus i'll make it known.
    I phoned up one AD at lunchtime today from whom I have bought a 176 a couple of years ago and from whom I'm about to collect my long-awaited 292 to enquire whether she'd heard anything more on the 339....she had the grace to acknowledge that I and other paneristi probably knew more at that particular time about the new releases than she did, but also said she'd had two orders today already for the 339! Lovely looking watch....

Master
    Blog Entries

I think the problem and indeed the major frustration with Panerai is, how they release new models regardless of how many to the market place.

Boutiques get first call, more profit of course, total control over them and their 'upper' client base buy there as discounts aren't sought.

Level 1 dealers get the next releases and initially in reduced numbers.

Finally, the level 2 dealers and i'm told there is a pecking order even here :roll: then get the dregs.

So the first new stuff to appear in public, will probably have come from a boutique and the known flippers will be making their income as usual. Why the factory/boutiques openly condone this practice i have no idea, but it's existed longer than i've been buying the brand. I'm confident it wont change :|

The hysteria seemed less to me this year, or maybe i'm getting less interested, with one exception :P thankfully, it's at the lower end of the scale. The new 339 composite case Rad looks great but would i get one? Nah probably got more chance of shagging Amanda Holden (yup i would) :wink: The 'Equation of Time' PAM365 is a fabulous looking thing, but overly big at 50mm I think and anyway, over $250K it’s reported and of course totally exclusive for the privileged and chosen few.

I'm personally looking to buy the older models now, more interesting and more core brand stuff, though i accept they have to change, to go forward and progress, though not with so much of my money, which is good :)

I think the problem and indeed the major frustration with Panerai is, how they release new models regardless of how many to the market place.

Boutiques get first call, more profit of course, total control over them and their 'upper' client base buy there as discounts aren't sought.

Level 1 dealers get the next releases and initially in reduced numbers.

Finally, the level 2 dealers and i'm told there is a pecking order even here :roll: then get the dregs.

So the first new stuff to appear in public, will probably have come from a boutique and the known flippers will be making their income as usual. Why the factory/boutiques openly condone this practice i have no idea, but it's existed longer than i've been buying the brand. I'm confident it wont change :|

The hysteria seemed less to me this year, or maybe i'm getting less interested, with one exception :P thankfully, it's at the lower end of the scale. The new 339 composite case Rad looks great but would i get one? Nah probably got more chance of shagging Amanda Holden (yup i would) :wink: The 'Equation of Time' PAM365 is a fabulous looking thing, but overly big at 50mm I think and anyway, over $250K it’s reported and of course totally exclusive for the privileged and chosen few.

I'm personally looking to buy the older models now, more interesting and more core brand stuff, though i accept they have to change, to go forward and progress, though not with so much of my money, which is good :)
    Like you only one model inspires me in this new round :wink: . Thankfully I will be cutting back spending after that aquisition. I've thought about what would I want next and if I get a 351 I would not really want a 233 and frankly the only thing would be interested in is a 47mm 1950 watch and the likelihood of me getting that is pretty much zero :roll:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swatch

339 - Radomir Composite - Marina Militaire - Enforces copyright!!! 47mm
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...omir+Composite
    Love it. Never going to get it though :evil:

That strap would look really nice on a 292 IMO. Probably impossible to get as well :(

Grand Master

Has anyone got a Panerai 351?

Just interested to know what they think after living with it
    RIAC

The only one I've seen on the forum so far is Baz's. It looks very nice too.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142479

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    The only one I've seen on the forum so far is Baz's. It looks very nice too.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142479
    Ill drop him a PM, I have one sat in a safe waiting but I need to be sure I want it!
    RIAC