closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster Pro - Glass Replacement

Speedmaster Pro - Glass Replacement

I've managed to crack the acrylic glass, and wondered if anyone knows if it' possible to have to replaced with a crystal glass - or am I stuck with acrylic?

Master

Re: Speedmaster Pro - Glass Replacement

I am pretty dam sure you can get the glass changes.....my local AD did something similar for me recently! - CS Bedford (Ruislip London).

Quote Originally Posted by djmotorsport
    I've managed to crack the acrylic glass, and wondered if anyone knows if it' possible to have to replaced with a crystal glass - or am I stuck with acrylic?
    What did you do to it! Acrylic is far tougher than Sapphire, so if your beating it up like that, either stick to Acrylic or buy a G-shock!

I managed to slip on an icy pavement and hit it against a wall - Didn't do my coccyx much good either :-(

I would just get the acrylic replaced, if you had mineral or even sapphire you could have still broke it and then the dial would have been covered in glass splinters

Sorry but I don't think you can change over unless you also get a new case..

Good luck
    Mark

Master
    Blog Entries

The case is different IIRC, if you really want to do it you would need to buy a case (the one that comes with the sapphire sandwich). I think you can get all you need from cousinsuk.com. I wouldn't bother, acrylic is much nicer.

Journeyman

Can you get the acrylic polished as I have a slight scratch on mine?

You can polish it with polywatch, same stuff as displex you get for mobile phones and i have had good results with toothpaste

Journeyman

Many thanks for the tip.

Blog Entries

Brasso works perfect with deeper scratches (and for the opaque windows of classic cabriolets too for that matter).

Menno

Brasso'ed Seikomatic

As a long term member of PistonHeads, who told me about TZ-UK, I also asked there. I was kindly pointed to a user called Dom H (don't want to break any advertising rules). So I now have a Omega supplied acrylic glass fitted - I also got me a 42MM PO :-) Steel/Steel with the Orange Bezel -very happy!