closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega "SAS" Seamaster 2254.50 SE?

Grand Master

Re: Omega "SAS" Seamaster 2254.50 SE?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schuhren

Private commissioning would be the only answer
    It was....100%
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

i dont think anyone on here thinks they are issued do they??? having followed the thread, i thought that we all came to the same conclusion that they are all special order??

cheers
    mike :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    i dont think anyone on here thinks they are issued do they??? having followed the thread, i thought that we all came to the same conclusion that they are all special order??

cheers
    mike :wink:
    I was just confirming Nialls post

The easy way to find out if it is military issue is to ask to see a pic showing the NATO stock no. Any british kit issued (even leathermans, cutlery, socks etc) have a NATO stock number actually on the packaging. No NATO stock no. then it cant exist in the system and therefore is not ISSUED by the British Army. Not to say it isnt a private order by a unit though.

Niall

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schuhren
    I am pretty sure that the only watches in the Armys inventory right now are the CWC G10 and the CWC Diver.
    Not strictly accurate. There are a couple of CWC G10's still in the sytem but a great deal of them were replaced by Casio G-Shocks. The CWC Divers have not been issued for a while now. Also, if standard issue watches are not suitable, a unit can apply to have a more suitable model LPO'd (Local Purchase Order). When these watches are bought, they are the property of the Ministry of Defence and are issued to Units for issue to individual's. However, these must be returned when the tour is completed or be held financially accountable. Thats why kit insurance is a good idea.

Blog Entries

hi, i heard the royal marines wear theses, http://www.asos.com/countryid/1/G-Shock ... iid=825212
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    jim.

Excellent and informative post, really enjoyed reading it :wink:
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Craftsman

Very entertaining thread. Never knew what a 'Walt' was until I read this thread - it's amazing what some people do for a little bit of self esteem.

[quote=Spencer Lee]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Andy Schuhren":ambmi0aw
    I am pretty sure that the only watches in the Armys inventory right now are the CWC G10 and the CWC Diver.
    Not strictly accurate. There are a couple of CWC G10's still in the sytem but a great deal of them were replaced by Casio G-Shocks. The CWC Divers have not been issued for a while now. Also, if standard issue watches are not suitable, a unit can apply to have a more suitable model LPO'd (Local Purchase Order). When these watches are bought, they are the property of the Ministry of Defence and are issued to Units for issue to individual's. However, these must be returned when the tour is completed or be held financially accountable. Thats why kit insurance is a good idea.[/quote:ambmi0aw]

Where do you get your information????????????????????

I am a serving soldier and currently work in a stores environment, I have a number G10 watches as part of my account and have access to the military logistic information systems, I assure you that there are no gshock listed. And the issued watch is G10 CWC, so where does your info come from?

Master

Just out of interest Andy I see you are in Germany, are you serving in the Highlanders?

Sorry for the OT :)

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    i dont think anyone on here thinks they are issued do they???
    They're not, but I get this impression that quite a few folks out there on civvy street rather wish they were, and are very happy for the line to be blurred ;).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Banned

i would never have bought a watch like that whilst serving or after.
    they work with the sas but arent sas,its pure walter mitty even if your serving with the signals imho.
    we all bought seikos from the naffi anyway,they arent military either.

i told one french soldier [on ops] who kept banging on about he was working with the sas that as soon as they found out he was shooting his mouth of he wouldnt again.
    what i found amazing i knew where the sas where based [a small camp] but you would walk in the cookhouse etc.and not have a clue who they where they NEVER stood out.
    one of the ncos [i was told he was the csm] used to come over to our camp get pissed,tap of with a bird he was seeing.he was so average looking you would not of picked him out he just kept to himself.

i respected the modesty they showed which was part of the job.

Grand Master

If he looks like he is SAS..........Hes either MT, Signals, or a Chef attached!!
    RIAC

Journeyman

Ok I think I will make this my last post on this particular watch.

For those not clear, it was never claimed to be a military watch just a limited edition for a specific unit.
    That unit was 264 (SAS) Signal Sqn, it has had the honour of using the SAS winged dagger as part of it's uniform since the 1960's and having (SAS) as part of the units name. This is now 18 (UKSF) Signal Regiment, google it.
    For those who think the unit it a bit walty, go try it, it's all arms now. :lol:

At the start of the thread (for those who bothered to read it from the start) there was speculation that the watch was a fake. I was trying to clear that speculation up with information about the criteria and ordering information from Omega. Hopefully I did that. :shock:

Banned

i think thats appreciated and understood,thank you.
    these threads often meander of course,i dont believe its a fake as such.
    but i do believe if anyone flashed one of those at most fellow soldiers/military we would treat them with total disdain.

i wasnt para/marine/infantry or sas[and never infer i was] but i have seen a few things. we wouldnt wouldnt commision anything like that ever.in fact one op i was on when everyone was getting all these wary tshirts etc. made up we had something simple that identified us as a group to each other only.
    we would laugh at all the UN medal ceremonys we went past we wernt covert but we knew what we were doing was frontline/dangerous and saving lives.
    it was something that developed between ourselves we didnt need to brag and we never had medals except one at the end given to one of us as representative.

perhaps it just me but i find it somehow vulgar.

Journeyman

I find it vulgar that you cannot start your sentences with capital letters. :roll:

EFP or EPC was obviously wasted on you.

Quote Originally Posted by soapy

perhaps it just me but i find it somehow vulgar.
    I have never had any military experience at all but I certainly don't find it vulgar.

I understand that serving with a regiment or whatever is very important part of life to some folk and they like a keepsake.

Witness the old blokes with their regimental badges and ties etc.

They've earned it and they are certainly not vulgar.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

[quote=Andy Schuhren][quote="Spencer Lee":218t05di]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Andy Schuhren":218t05di
    Not strictly accurate. There are a couple of CWC G10's still in the sytem but a great deal of them were replaced by Casio G-Shocks. The CWC Divers have not been issued for a while now. Also, if standard issue watches are not suitable, a unit can apply to have a more suitable model LPO'd (Local Purchase Order). When these watches are bought, they are the property of the Ministry of Defence and are issued to Units for issue to individual's. However, these must be returned when the tour is completed or be held financially accountable. Thats why kit insurance is a good idea.[/quote:218t05di]

Where do you get your information????????????????????

I am a serving soldier and currently work in a stores environment, I have a number G10 watches as part of my account and have access to the military logistic information systems, I assure you that there are no gshock listed. And the issued watch is G10 CWC, so where does your info come from?[/quote:218t05di]

The Royal Air Force have been issueing asio G-Shocks to their pilots for a number of years and they have replaced the CWC G-10 in general issue in the RAF and RN. RAF Regt flight SNCO's have had a choice between the G-10 and the G-Shock dependant on unit role and this was mainly because there were some G-10's left in the system and loads of G-Shocks. It was mainly an exercise in how cheap can you make a reliable watch. The procurement branch approached Casio and asked abot numbers and prices and casio said 'the more you buy the less you pay!'. Any road up, I've no doubt you've got some G-10's on account but you probably know as well as i do, just because you cannot find it on ISIS, does'nt mean it does'nt exist! :D

I read this thread with great interest, I have never been in the army, navy or air force, I ask to many questions and would never hack it. I have great admeration for those that do serv whether it be front line SAS or a TA acting as a Chef in a tent miles away from the danger zone. We all like watches and I bet if the company you work for said they were going to get a limited edition Omega made with the company logo on the back you would jump at the chance to buy one. It's not about being flash and I dont think everyone would do it as an investment, I just think we would like the idea of having the closest thing we could to a bespoke Omega, Rolex or Breitling. As for a guy who would buy one then tell everyone down the pub he got it for serving in the SAS, well I think that says something about his need for an ego and even more about the serving soldier who sold it because he needed the money or had decided he had seen more of life than he wanted and didn't need any reminders.

To all TA's, Soldiers, Sailors and Air Force personel I would like to say well done.

Sorry if this went a bit off topic.

Master

i once caught a bus into town with a sas bloke, he just got on paid his fare and took a seat like everyone else !!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    I can 100% guarantee you that the military do not procure/issue/have anything to do with/make these! Walter Mitty & The TA do, they are worth a fortune....If you are a fellow Walt.
    My Squadron Breitling, 5,000 logged military flying hours and two rows of medals would tend to disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by soapy
    what i found amazing i knew where the sas where based [a small camp] but you would walk in the cookhouse etc.and not have a clue who they where they NEVER stood out.
    I can tell you that they certainly stand out in the cookhouse at Bastion 2. They are the only ones with absolutely no unit badges, ranks slides or head dress of any kind on!! Funnier still though are the US SF guys who really do just look like American SF wearing civvy clothing!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GavH
    I can tell you that they certainly stand out in the cookhouse at Bastion 2...
    As they did whenever I worked with them in theatre.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GavH
    I can tell you that they certainly stand out in the cookhouse at Bastion 2. They are the only ones with absolutely no unit badges, ranks slides or head dress of any kind on!! clothing!! :lol:

Think youre confused there Gav they are the MT & REME atts!!!
    RIAC

Think youre confused there Gav they are the MT & REME atts!!!
    Where knowledge of working with real SF in theatre is concerned, I'm compelled to say it is you who appears to be consistently confused about their demeanour and MO throughout this thread.

Blog Entries

hi, my name is "SABRE".
    JIM.

Quote Originally Posted by IANAN
    I can 100% guarantee you that the military do not procure/issue/have anything to do with/make these! Walter Mitty & The TA do, they are worth a fortune....If you are a fellow Walt.
    My Squadron Breitling, 5,000 logged military flying hours and two rows of medals would tend to disagree...

Great thread thoughout.

Tell us more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee
    The Royal Air Force have been issuing Casio G-Shocks to their pilots for a number of years and they have replaced the CWC G-10 in general issue in the RAF and RN. RAF Regt flight SNCO's have had a choice between the G-10 and the G-Shock dependant on unit role and this was mainly because there were some G-10's left in the system and loads of G-Shocks. It was mainly an exercise in how cheap can you make a reliable watch. The procurement branch approached Casio and asked about numbers and prices and Casio said 'the more you buy the less you pay!'.
    Any idea which model(s)?

If he looks like he is SAS..........Hes either MT, Signals, or a Chef attached!!
    Are you a Walt? :wink:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    Friday is thread resurrection day. Didn't you know that?