closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spaceview strapathon

Master

Spaceview strapathon

Ok so my Accutron Spaceview is not getting wrist time and it's clearly because I haven't found the right strap for it. I've tried it on NATOs, rally, tropic, black leather.. At 18mm lug width it's not easy to find something that looks great on a 8" wrist and the case shape kind of asks for something special. Some shots to possibly demonstrate..

I also have a green leather strap for it, but it becomes so Ssssupergreeen! that it's very distracting ;)

I was briefly thinking Orange Rubber with brushed deployant, to go with the seconds hand :lol: Not sure I could find one, and talk me out of it before I do.. Maybe notch something for an integrated band look? This is the watch of the future after all 8)

Journeyman

Re: Spaceview strapathon

I suggest a fairly thick very dark brown semi matte with green stitching. Toshi has some for sure.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

I prefere a bracelet on mine...different to yours i know but you get the idea

Ron P

I second the metal one, this is the onlyu really matching combinatio to my taste

Ron

Master

Thanks for the suggestions.. too bad I don't have a bracelet for it :|

Here's mine on one of Eddie's canvas straps, a 20mm squished to fit. The olive drab seems to work quite well with it I think, so I'll probably get an 18mm version to try. Next to it is the 18mm carbon strap I had on before, the finish went well but the strap looked too thin (the raised centre of the strap made it look thinner than it actually is).

Orange rubber... that would be quite something!!! But a something too far :lol: How about a strap with orange stitching?

How about a mesh? Because the watch already has some colour I think metal (bracelet or mesh) works best, and mesh is very 'astronaut', too... see pix of Buzz with his Speedy on a JB Champion...

I think you are onto a hiding to nothing on the strap front, shame really.

I also heard that there is very little value in these watches any more. The market has changed, you know how it is?

I'll tell you what. A big favour to a fellow TZ-UK member I'll buy your watch off you for £20 and I'll even let you keep your straps for re-use elsewhere.

Regards

Peter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: