closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sea-Dweller 16600 still in stock?

Journeyman

Sea-Dweller 16600 still in stock?

I was in Cardiff the other week and I noticed that the one of the Rolex dealers was offering 0% finance over 3 years but normally over 2 years on new models (20% down payment). I asked if they had any of the discontinued Sea-Dweller or could get one. He phoned but said no can do.

Now my question is, are there any of the discontinued Sea-Dwellers new still in stock?
    If so can someone point me to where they are?

Next question (cake and eat it), are there any that would do 0% finance?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Sea-Dweller 16600 still in stock?

I'd say there are none in the UK - I called a lot of AD's searching before buying mine overseas in April last year I think.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

I think that there must be a few left as they appear on a price list, discussed here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105143&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=16 600#p1101135

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    Not wanting to start any wild rumours... Just reporting what I have read...

See here and edit: find on this page: 16600

http://copenhagen-watches.com/RolexUKList2010.txt

A tenner under the LV...

I think that there must be a few left as they appear on a price list, discussed here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105143&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=16 600#p1101135

A tenner under the LV...

Funny, because i heard on the rummor mill that the Deep Sea has been such a bomb that a new SD is on the horizon more akin to the 16600.

But like all Rolex rummors it should proably be taken with a pinch of salt, although i have heard this one 4 or 5 times from different people :?

Master

Probably not massively useful, but there was a new one in one of the Wempe shops in Munich about a month ago.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut

A tenner under the LV...

Funny, because i heard on the rummor mill that the Deep Sea has been such a bomb that a new SD is on the horizon more akin to the 16600.

But like all Rolex rummors it should proably be taken with a pinch of salt, although i have heard this one 4 or 5 times from different people :?

Rumours are awesome! I heard from several people that the DSSD poduction was stopping but this makes no real sense for Rolex. I cant see them making a new SD as that would be back tracking and what would they actually do to it? Not much time for R&D?

I also heard that the LV is the one to watch at Basel, perhaps the first ceramic SS sub??

And the Exp 1 & II may get a re alignment with the current line up.

But who knows! :lol:

Could you please explain this comment a bit further?

Whatever they do, I just hope they don't mess with the Explorer I :twisted:

It's the only classic piece in their line-up (plus they've messed with it enough as it is :evil:)

Cheers

Stern

Master

It's the only classic piece in their line-up (plus they've messed with it enough as it is :evil:)
    They've given the other classics fat cases, so I can't see them leaving the Explorer alone.

Master

id try irish ad's for a new dweller you could strike lucky :)

I can't see them leaving the Explorer alone.

Well yeah, but hope springs eternal and all that :(

Stern

Master

Quote Originally Posted by SternG

Cheers

Stern
    The guy I was speaking to said that the Exp hand not been changed in donkeys and the Exp II was getting that way. If you look at the brochure they stand out as being different (some would say classic rolex, and some would say dated). He said that they were due to a revision. I imagine increase in size and a rework? But who knows its probably all rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by SternG

Cheers

Stern
    The guy I was speaking to said that the Exp hand not been changed in donkeys and the Exp II was getting that way. If you look at the brochure they stand out as being different (some would say classic rolex, and some would say dated). He said that they were due to a revision. I imagine increase in size and a rework? But who knows its probably all rumours.
    Yes they (the explorers) will be updated - only a matter of time - the questions is when - not known for introducing lots of sports models at once - so I would say Sub alone this year and not a anniversary - because it would be the 57th year and that would be a little stupid and hard to market as significant.

The DSSD is not going to be stopped - where on earth did that come from - it far outsold the SD's previous sales prior to it being touted as discountinued - some stories do make me smiel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    The DSSD is not going to be stopped - where on earth did that come from - it far outsold the SD's previous sales prior to it being touted as discountinued - some stories do make me smiel though.
    Where has this one come from?

AFAIK given what AD's and grey dealers tell me the DSSD is a real 'marmite' watch and sales are poor - most AD's have them in stock and have been going down their lists without a sale.

I doubt it will discontinue but rumours about a revised SD are abound.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK

AFAIK given what AD's and grey dealers tell me the DSSD is a real 'marmite' watch and sales are poor - most AD's have them in stock and have been going down their lists without a sale.

Agreed, every AD i know has talked down the sucess of the DSSD, sales are poor, and most AD's have one in the safe and if you ring round you will find that bears true.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK

All I know is that my local AD have had a DSSD since June, and it's still there. They managed to bring in an SD at some point - it lasted all of two weeks 8)

Cheers

Stern

3 years 0% finance is basically a 8-12% discount :D. Go for it!

[quote=watch-nut]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chris_in_the_UK":oyus265z

Agreed, every AD i know has talked down the sucess of the DSSD, sales are poor, and most AD's have one in the safe and if you ring round you will find that bears true.[/quote:oyus265z]

Do you know what the sales figures for the SD used to be before they announced it was to be withdrawn? Lets just say the DSSD is far outselling the old SD - apart from the supercase coming IMO the Deep Sea is so different because the SD just wasn't selling in any numbers anymore. So while it might not be a huge sales success compared to some models the fact they have them in a lot of AD's isn't really telling the whole story - they have most of the sports range in a lot of AD's at the moment - the DSSD - as I have said before, I've gone to buy one on numerous occasions and came back without - I still think I will buy one at some stage - just think it might take anther year to grow on me.

I think we may get a 'mid-size' DSSD 40-42mm and a bracelet that matches the head size now that I would buy
    As for 16600's just buy second hand and smile at it they are thd most complete true to philosiphy rolex

[quote=Omegamanic]
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut
    Quote Originally Posted by "Chris_in_the_UK":10i2khke

Agreed, every AD i know has talked down the sucess of the DSSD, sales are poor, and most AD's have one in the safe and if you ring round you will find that bears true.
    Do you know what the sales figures for the SD used to be before they announced it was to be withdrawn? Lets just say the DSSD is far outselling the old SD - apart from the supercase coming IMO the Deep Sea is so different because the SD just wasn't selling in any numbers anymore. So while it might not be a huge sales success compared to some models the fact they have them in a lot of AD's isn't really telling the whole story - they have most of the sports range in a lot of AD's at the moment - the DSSD - as I have said before, I've gone to buy one on numerous occasions and came back without - I still think I will buy one at some stage - just think it might take anther year to grow on me.[/quote:10i2khke]

No sorry I don't know the numbers - the AD's and grey dealers say that the SD was always a good seller when available. The real story with the DSSD is not the availability in the window which as you say applies to other models, it's the fact that waiting lists are disappearing as people decline the opportunity which has not happened before if the dealers are to be believed?). To quote my local dealer 'it just seems to stick despite the interest'

The big Q for you is will it be available in a years time :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman

I was in Cork (Ireland) about a month ago and Keane's Jewellers (Rolex AD) on Oliver Plunkett Street still had a new 16600 for sale. Given the recession over here I'd say it's still available.

Michael.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burak
    I was in Cork (Ireland) about a month ago and Keane's Jewellers (Rolex AD) on Oliver Plunkett Street still had a new 16600 for sale. Given the recession over here I'd say it's still available.

Michael.
    someone said recently that weirs still had one too?

Journeyman

All,
    Thanks for the replies and the heads up.
    Michael cheers for the Ireland tip I will chase that up.