closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nigel Farage gives the EU council what for

Nigel Farage gives the EU council what for

Nigel Farage doesn't hold back in giving his view on the appointment for the new EU council preseident :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8535121.stm

Re: Nigel Farage gives the EU council what for

Well, he only wanted to know who the new President was - nothing wrong with that :D

Cheers

Stern

Master

So he's no fan of Mr Von Rompuy then :lol: :lol:

Honesty in politics is so refreshing.

Has he not done this before ? :?:
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

He's an embarrassment to us all.

That's a good example of Irony, being a representative for the UK Independence Party in the European Parliament!

Master

Pretty boorish really, and a little ironic that he criticises another for appearing like a low-grade bank clerk when Farage himself has more than a little of the used car salesman about him. Regardless of one's view of the EU, it doesn't paint a particularly positive picture of the UK that our elected representatives are just as crass and obnoxious as many of our package tourists.

Any excuse to see Daniel Hannan again doing pretty much the same (well almost)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

ever seen nigel farage and Dimitry Medvedev (sp) stood next to each other? no me either, perhaps they're just long lost brothers or something

sc

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Pretty boorish really, and a little ironic that he criticises another for appearing like a low-grade bank clerk when Farage himself has more than a little of the used car salesman about him. Regardless of one's view of the EU, it doesn't paint a particularly positive picture of the UK that our elected representatives are just as crass and obnoxious as many of our package tourists.

+1

Excellent. We need more like him asking these questions! We didn't elect this bloke to be president did we?

Did we know how much the EU president gets paid? (No wonder he looked so smug!!!)
    Did anybody ask us?
    If we must have a president of the EU then let's, at least, elect the bugger!!

Master

I don't have a problem with "asking questions", I just don't think there's any need to be so oafish about doing it. What some people might see as "sticking it to the EU" just looks like the usual British lack of manners to many.

Just in case you've missed it, here's the rest of his rant - that dude is out of control :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypLwI5AQvY

Cheers

Stern

It is good somebody speaks plainly in the EU and sticks it up the French/German conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokarran
    It is good somebody speaks plainly in the EU and sticks it up the French/German conspiracy.
    Indeed. It should really be a French/German/British conspiracy but for some reason the British keep hamstringing themselves and end up a marginalised outpost without the influence they should have. I think its a great pity that Britain does not wield the influence it should in Europe. The choice seems to be either a) Britain as the USA's lapdog b) Britain as a key member of the EU or c) Britain as an international irrelevance.

Now, any of these options aren't too bad in truth - for example, Switzerland is an international irrelevance (in a influence sense) and they are a happy people with a high standard of living. But I think if you like the idea of Britain being a country that can exert some sort of influence on the world, I think it would have a better chance to do so at the steering wheel of the EU than appealing to the US to do stuff because of the 'special relationship' (which seems to benefit the US a lot more than it does the UK).

Just my 2 cents. :)

BG

*more populous and more economically powerful than the US

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by JDB
    Fully agree with you 100% he is just a complete and utter fool

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by 12-brady
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB
    Fully agree with you 100% he is just a complete and utter fool
    I beg to differ.
    When I saw that I cheered. A lot of people in Portugal did, and more than a few did also cheer.
    A man with balls asking the right questions, not like our homebrew traitor Barroso.
    I do not know how this person is seen in Britain but he did ask the right questions. There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes and does not seem to be very pleasant. Do your own reaserch.

Master

I do not know how this person is seen in Britain but he did ask the right questions.
    As a vulgar self-publicist, by many. I don't disagree so much with the "questions" he raised as the spectacle he made of himself, and by extension us, when asking them.