closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: people think you're stupid!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

people think you're stupid!

probably not the right place to put this topic,but i am going to anyway, to give people a chance to see it.
    i have a wtb in the wtb section,for a seiko gen2 raf chronograph watch,i was answered with a pm saying they had one they would let go,so i asked for a price and some pics.when the pm, came back the person was asking £495 for it,which in my opinion is way over the price they go for.an average price is between £200-£300,fair enough a rare non luminous one may go for more,but the one i am talking is the raf luminous model.i have used this as an example,to see if anyone else has had experience of this.it seems that people think that anyone who has a low number of posts,should be targeted as knowing nothing about watches,this is not always the case.i have collected military and divers watches for 20 years,and have a pretty good knowledge of them,and always do my homework when wanting to purchase something.this is probably the same for most people.amount of posts dont always reflect peoples knowledge.i personaly thnik that some people are targeting low posters,in the wanted section. :x

Master

Re: people think your stupid!

I think you'll find it's: "you're stupid".

:D :D

i dont think activity like this is necessarily aimed at low posters in particular, just think theres always someone whos going to try it on in a response to a wtb in the hope of getting a few quid
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Hardly a human rights violation if this is happening (and I'd be surprised if it is), and you have the option of simply saying 'no thanks' or making a counter-offer :)

Master

It could just be that they like the watch and need additional persuasion, over and above your feelings on value, to sell. Its up to them what they ask for it, just like its up to you to reject or negotiate. :)

Master

I doubt that you were targeted because you have a relatively low post count. More likely that the member saw your WTB and thought he would test how much you really want it by offering it to you at an inflated price. I think the WTB forum attracts some chancers who will try their luck on anyone.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

oh no!! someones offered a watch at a high price!!!!

happens everyday on sales corner :wink: :D

cheers
    mike

Master

:o Is this post for real?

Master

Difficult to read your post!
    Don't think its targeting; just because someone has 1000's of posts does not mean he knows anything either. Its like anything for sale or wanting to buy. You have a budget in mind and the seller a price for the item; if the two meet, perfect, if not, then its no deal. Very simple. Before I part with my £££ I make sure to know what a good price is. And then of course there have always been jokers around and there will always be. That is what makes it fun... as long as the watch is as described.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakir Khaja
    :o Is this post for real?
    , you are imaging this :lol:

I was looking for one a while ago and have seen many go on the bay for 400 to 450. Turns out they are too small for me :(

Next :lol:

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

may i add the same person sold one recently for around £250,so why ask for double,all i can say anyone paying 400-450,for a gen 2has been ripped off.a gen1 goes for a lot more.the forum is a place that people share there knowledge and do trades and sales.FAIR SALES.BEHIND behind the scenes people are chancers,yes i agree you can just say no if they ask to much,but people should be honest from the start.

heres an example,if i put a rolex in the sales section where everyone could see,and say the watch was worth £2500,and i said i wanted
    £5000 for it.there would be more posts in my sales thread,saying how overpriced it was.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sg1
    may i add the same person sold one recently for around £250,so why ask for double,all i can say anyone paying 400-450,for a gen 2has been ripped off.a gen1 goes for a lot more.the forum is a place that people share there knowledge and do trades and sales.FAIR SALES.BEHIND behind the scenes people are chancers,yes i agree you can just say no if they ask to much,but people should be honest from the start.

heres an example,if i put a rolex in the sales section where everyone could see,and say the watch was worth £2500,and i said i wanted
    £5000 for it.there would be more posts in my sales thread,saying how overpriced it was.
    Just use your head - If you're placing a WTB you know what the watch is worth, if he's asking what you consider too much then walk away. No harm done. I'm sure the same has happened to most members on here at some point.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Storm.
    Teacup.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sg1

My mistake, it was a Gen 1 I was looking for... So the prices for that were about right. No idea what a gen 2 goes for.

Where did the seller sell the other one at 250?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

the other one was on here

Re: people think you're stupid!

Bit OTT to be worried about this. You can always say no or renegotiate. :?

Grand Master

in my experience , a wtb add usually results in offers at a good price, iv'e never been offered anything at a silly amount, the nature of this place being as it is. even if i was, it's exactly what eddies favourite smilie is for...
    :D
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

To be honest i think some members do prey on people with low posts in the hope that there is a lack of knowledge and adjust prices accordingly.
    I think that if sg1 had been a member for a few years with a few thousand posts under his belt the price certainly would not of been so high , just my opinion.

Once it happens to you for the tenth time it wont surprise you anymore.

I got approached for one of my WTB's for a Stowa, offering to sell me a used one for £200 more than what they cost new :shock:

I was a bit surprised until i got contacted regarding another of my Stowa WTB's for an offer of a 'Heavily' used one for..........You guessed it! £200 more than they cost new. :evil:

My 'Issued CWC Diver' WTB resulted in someone offering me a 'Complete Dog' for £1000 :shock: :shock: :blackeye:

As the Comedian Russell Peters would say 'Take it and go'

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso

I got approached for one of my WTB's for a Stowa, offering to sell me a used one for £200 more than what they cost new :shock:

I was a bit surprised until i got contacted regarding another of my Stowa WTB's for an offer of a 'Heavily' used one for..........You guessed it! £200 more than they cost new. :evil:

Which one did you buy ? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo

Which one did you buy ? :lol:
    All of the above

Just say

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso

My 'Issued CWC Diver' WTB resulted in someone offering me a 'Complete Dog' for £1000 :shock: :shock: :blackeye:

Please tell me your joking !

Don't see the OP's issue here - better to get a response to a WTB as a basis on which to negotiate than no response at all?

£500 will get you a nice watch, why spend it on old japtat. :lol: