closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Price Rises on Smaller Brands

Price Rises on Smaller Brands

Was in Jura the other day and it was mentioned that some of the smaller manufacturers were going to be doing some unbelievable price rises in the next few months.

Figures of 30% were mentioned in respect of some, which I find gobsmacking. Anonimo were one of the brands under discussion !

Always take these things with a pinch of salt, but I do wonder when the gravy train has to crash in the watch world.... too many brands wanting to be "premium"

Re: Price Rises on Smaller Brands

Do sales in the last few years support the existence of a gravy train? I don't really know, but I thought they'd been having rather hard times in the watch world.

Anyway, I'm fine with that - there are always new brands trying to fill the created voids in the market, often by trying really hard with great value-for-money products which would cost a lot more from a "name" brand; similarly, the selling of watches direct from the manufacturer (or assembler, anyway), thus stopping us having to go into places like Ernest Jones ever again :-)

I would have thought most brands would have been having a hard time recently also. Maybe they are trying to keep their status up like Rolex do. Hard without the brand name though.

Seems odd unless it is calculated market moves; movements are not more expensive lately.

I was speaking to an AD last week who said they have had one of the best starts to the year ever - and he put that down to a lot of purchases from tourists taking advantage of the weak pound. Possibly this is the reason, and it's a reaction to the state of GBP at the moment?