closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bens been to Sheffield

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Bens been to Sheffield

Just got back from my trip to the Crucible and have a few pics to share. Some ggod some not so good

Sally outside the Crucible

Me outside the Crucible (Sally took the pic :roll: )

spent a lot of time in here, just outside the Crucible

These chaps were setting up for an interview

with Ken Doherty

A few pics from the cue zone which was in the winter gardens. They had a table for demonstrations and competitions

jethrol Tull (Ian Anderson) having a go

My go at an action shot

And the main reason for the trip was to see Ronnie O'sullivan play his first round match against Wembo

Apart from Monday which was cold and wet we had a great time. The only downside was trying to drive around Sheffield. What a nightmare. Are you allowed to drive behind the trams along the track? Definately the easiest way around I found.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Re: Bens been to Sheffield

Great pictures Ben, it looks like you really enjoyed yourself but you're a braver man than I, I haven't driven round the city centre for many a year because the council is so motorist unfriendly. New traffic schemes spring up every week; tram gates, bus gates, no right turn, no left turn, new one-way systems and parking is a nightmare. You'd actually think the council didn't want private motorists but having been there, I guess I don't have to tell you :wink: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I quite like watching snooker on the TV and looking at some of your impressively sharp and colourful images made me wonder how good snooker will be to watch when 3D TV becomes common-place.

It's one of the few televised sports that could really benefit from 3D TV.

In the meantime Sheffield's not too far away.

Chris

Sounds like you had a good time and thanks for the pics.

Was the experience what you expected?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Looks like fun ! Did you manage to meet anyone famous ?
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Master

They're some great photos!

Ian Anderson? I mean, the man is a bloody genius. "thick as a brick" was THE album to have if you were sticking two fingers up. Such a magnificent spoof it was unreal. Apart from the fact he is a great bloke too. My cousin worked with him at one point - cant remember the album but he's on there.
    If Rod can get his finger out i have some really mint early 70's vinyl featuring this man i can get on my nice shiny new turntable! :D

Looks like a good day out!

Quote Originally Posted by tekkno
    Ian Anderson? I mean, the man is a bloody genius. "thick as a brick" was THE album to have if you were sticking two fingers up. Such a magnificent spoof it was unreal. Apart from the fact he is a great bloke too. My cousin worked with him at one point - cant remember the album but he's on there.
    If Rod can get his finger out i have some really mint early 70's vinyl featuring this man i can get on my nice shiny new turntable! :D
    Right, that's an excuse to listen to some Tull tomorrow then!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E

Aqualung for me!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E

Aqualung for me!

R
    :lol: :lol:

V drole that man!

Master

Ian Anderson is massively into vintage Leicas - I wonder if he could be a bit of a WIS as well; the two quite often go together.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Great pictures Ben, it looks like you really enjoyed yourself but you're a braver man than I, I haven't driven round the city centre for many a year because the council is so motorist unfriendly. New traffic schemes spring up every week; tram gates, bus gates, no right turn, no left turn, new one-way systems and parking is a nightmare. You'd actually think the council didn't want private motorists but having been there, I guess I don't have to tell you :wink: .

Eddie
    Well it is a communist state isn't it Eddie? under Blunkett :D

Rod

Jeepers what happened to the beard :shock: And how are we supposed to see what's on your wrist with cuffs like that?!

Sanj :D

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1
    Jeepers what happened to the beard :shock: And how are we supposed to see what's on your wrist with cuffs like that?!

Sanj :D
    Smooth as a babies bum these days Sanj :D

Whats on my wrist is a closely gaurded secret mate. What do you think this is, a watch forum :lol:
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "