timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: That is the one watch I wich Eddie had reborn...link

Journeyman

That is the one watch I wich Eddie had reborn...link

Hello,

Long time ago Eddie asked us wich classic watch we would like him to
    revive.I voted for the CAF and it's becoming real soon :wink:
    I also voted for some old Italian watch,well someone catch the idea...
    Check that link:

http://www.retrospectwatch.com/wallpape ... x768_3.jpg

Best
    RAF

Master
    Something more akin to this perhaps, posted by John some time ago:

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10588

Gorgeous.

Si

There are too many of those on the market already ... IMHO.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

I received an e-mail from a Chinese watch company sometime last year offering me watches in this style. For a minimum order of 100, they would put my own name on the dial and caseback, cost £28 each.

When even a mediocre redial costs £40 and a decent strap can cost £25, it makes you wonder.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thomas Reid
    Given various comments, etc., I've seen, I would have thought that a suped-up explorer style would be the thing. Say one a bit bigger than usual, or something like that.

Best wishes,
    Bob

I've looked at this is the past Bob but strangely, some classic designs just don't look right when re-scaled, it seems to destroy the balance. I haven't tried it with the Explorer though.

I always thought that Zeno came as close as your going to get without putting "Rolex" on the dial.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    How about a presidential style day date there was an invicta with gp and gold dial on ebuy the other night it was a bit battered but a new one would be cool at the right price of course .
    paul.

Craftsman

New model

The new Explorer watch is my cup of tea!

But still my idea of an other bezel for the Dreadnought owners just doesn't leave my mind!
    :lol:

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by bandylegss
    How about a presidential style day date there was an invicta with gp and gold dial on ebuy the other night it was a bit battered but a new one would be cool at the right price of course .
    paul.
    With lots of diamonds and brightly coloured stones, please! ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS How about having a go at the UUW? (Ultimate Ugly Watch)

Master
    Please please no diamonds just plain simple good god diamonds on tz-uk.
    paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Si
    Something more akin to this perhaps, posted by John some time ago:

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10588

Gorgeous.

Si
    Something similar is being done this summer.

at Retrospectwatch.com

Aristo do one now and there is a Russian version (made by UHR KRAFT) that I can't be bothered to look for.
    http://www.webmart.de/wmshop.cfm?ID=289 ... &do=detail

Of course there is always the Pammy versions. I've seen a few of them on wrists and they don't look right.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Master
    Eddie should do a homage of the Seiko 6309-704X auto diver. I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes over at the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum (where Eddie's rhinos are quite popular) and also over here :D . The only problem I see is where to source for movements where the crown has to be at 4 o'clock :?, but I'm sure the movement can be Chinese made. If Eddie were to make this homage I would order 4 :) .

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by bettapugnax
    Eddie should do a homage of the Seiko 6309-704X auto diver. I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes over at the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum (where Eddie's rhinos are quite popular) and also over here :D . The only problem I see is where to source for movements where the crown has to be at 4 o'clock :?, but I'm sure the movement can be Chinese made. If Eddie were to make this homage I would order 4 :) .
    I thought that to have a crown at 4, you just rotate the movement, so it would work with just about any movement. And the trickier part is getting a case with the right sort of pendant tube at the right place?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Quote Originally Posted by bettapugnax
    I thought that to have a crown at 4, you just rotate the movement, so it would work with just about any movement. And the trickier part is getting a case with the right sort of pendant tube at the right place?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    You need different day/date disks, and the dial feet must be in a different place.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader

You need different day/date disks, and the dial feet must be in a different place.
    I think that you're right about the day/date disks, if you use them. Not so sure about the dial feet being moved. Instead, you could move the paint, as it were. That is, if you want the crown at 4, leave the notch in the dial at 3, but paint as if it were at 4. In any case, one can move dial feet. (I might have more information on this in the medium term.)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader

I think that you're right about the day/date disks, if you use them. Not so sure about the dial feet being moved. Instead, you could move the paint, as it were. That is, if you want the crown at 4, leave the notch in the dial at 3, but paint as if it were at 4. In any case, one can move dial feet. (I might have more information on this in the medium term.)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    :D I forgot about the ones making their own dials ... :D
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Craftsman
    In a world without walls, who needs a location?

Tourbillion?

Eddie wrote:

I received an e-mail from a Chinese watch company sometime last year offering me watches in this style. For a minimum order of 100, they would put my own name on the dial and caseback, cost £28 each.

When even a mediocre redial costs £40 and a decent strap can cost £25, it makes you wonder.
    [/b]

Re: Tourbillion?

I don't have the courage to commit to a Chinese tourbillon movement, they are still comparatively expensive (although very cheap for tourbillons) and who would/could service them?

Eddie