closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most comfortable watch?

Apprentice

Most comfortable watch?

In your experience, what has been the most comfortable watch to wear on the wrist?

My long time grail was the PD/IWC Ocean 2000, and after getting one myself I must confess that it has been my most comfortable watch - both on bracelet and on velcro strap. It's a superb 2000m diver's watch measuring 42mm in diameter and has a height of 11-12mm.

Here's some images of the BUND version:

Master

Re: Most comfortable watch?

Rolex Deep Sea, even though it's actually the spawn of Satan and Rolex should end production of it with immediate effect. Most uncomfy - 16600 Sea Dweller due to lumpy caseback.

Journeyman

My most comfy is the Oris F1 chrono I've just bought. It has flexible lugs and just seems to hug my wrist so well, especially for a fairly big watch on my wimpy wrists.

Craftsman

For me, most watches on a nato or a bracelet with micro-adjustment are very comfortable.

Mine would be either a Rolex Sub, or an Explorer II. I have a number of Omegas, and whilst the bracelets are nice and solidly made, I've never been able to get one exactly right, size wise, and their deployants are just flipping uncomfortable. For my wrist anyway.

Not very interesting, horologically speaking, but without doubt the most comfortable was my Swatch Skin, on the left here.

"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

I tend to wear my watches low on my wrist, so those with the crown at 4 generally the most comfortable for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

seiko 6309/6 most comfortable case shape imo

Thomas Reid

FJ4. It is reasonably small, reasonably light, and has a very soft one piece strap.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master

Without a doubt, my ADLC Santos:

Two things make it supremely comfortable - the case back is curved, so it hugs the wrist perfectly and the strap is infinitely adjustable, so I can get it to fit to the millimetre.

simon

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com

My Breguet is my most comfortable watch. It's smallish, not too bulky, and the bracelet is very supple.

Anything on a NATO is always great. But my 40yr old Seiko (was my Dad's) is so smooth and worn from years of wear. The links are all sagging apart and there's plenty of Wabi - but it's so comfortable it almost makes we feel warm just wearing it. It's perfect - but it took about 30 years to get that way!

Blog Entries

Ebel E-type chrono on bracelet 8)

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman

Omega SMP was one of my most wearable watches along with IWC MarkXV but not at the same time :lol: Of current watches, I find my PRS-22 is very comfortable on a leather strap.
    Mark

Two watches that have suprised me are the original Ploprof ( on a 1266 mesh) and the Chrono quartz, both look uncomfortable but are very comfortable to wear. I have seen the new Ploprof in the flesh and can't imagine that the same can be said!

in all honesty, it was my Omega gmt great white, but my SD is almost as good!

Master

The RT Pilot is my 'most comfortable' :D
    It's quite big at 44mm but the short, downward sloping, lugs hug the wrist well...

Cheers :)

The Benrus Type 1 was specifically created (for the US military) to be ‘invisible’ and ‘out of the way’ while offering diver capability. I tried a clone and found it very comfortable, so comfortable that you never know it’s there. But above all it had very little wrist-presence. My current favourite, the PRS-18A is based on the same case design but the higher bezel give it more wrist-presence, but the invisibility and comfort suffer.

If comfort is of the essence, I’d recommend a MKII Blackwater.

john
    Every watch a story.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by gladders
    Without a doubt, my ADLC Santos:

Two things make it supremely comfortable - the case back is curved, so it hugs the wrist perfectly and the strap is infinitely adjustable, so I can get it to fit to the millimetre.

simon
    Very nice Santos :thumbup:

Blog Entries

Most comfortable watch? My Omega Seamaster Chronostop on a Morellato 'fatto a mano' (=handmade) strap. I usually switch watches every day. This one has been on my wrist for a week now.

Menno

Either of these 2, probably because they are light and just the perfect size to sit in the middle of my wrist, they are both great on a Time Factors NATO as well which is the strap I find most comfortable.

Generally anything in Ti works for me, currently my Ventura Sub wears the most comfortably, very light on the wrist, no irritation and the bracelet fits perfectly :)

Sanjay

Master

Snowflake on Rolex 78360 c/w 580 end pieces....feels very comfy indeed: :thumbleft:

Seiko 7548 - The case curves so the back is narrower then the face, makes it very comfortable to wear & with the 4 O'Clock crown it doesn't dig in if you wear it on your left.

http://akiyose.com/watch-repair/img3/se ... 7000-2.jpg

Doxa 750T - 44mm and amazingly comfy.

Master

I think it may be this one, I only took delivery yesterday but it just sits so well on my skinny little wrist.

I am soooooooo liking this one.

My most comfortable is a Tissot Trekker

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

The Benrus Type 1 was specifically created (for the US military) to be ‘invisible’ and ‘out of the way’ while offering diver capability. I tried a clone and found it very comfortable, so comfortable that you never know it’s there. But above all it had very little wrist-presence. My current favourite, the PRS-18A is based on the same case design but the higher bezel give it more wrist-presence, but the invisibility and comfort suffer.

john
    I don't know about comfort but the Type 1 Class A Benrus always looks as if it's been designed around a technical-specification with no regard to aesthetics or sell-a-bility, and is so much the better for it.

Vintage Rolex GMT 16750. Slim case, acrylic makes it a quite light, small crown does not dig into the wrist and 100m water resistance for peace of mind :)

I think most of my watches are fairly comfortable, if i had to say one i'd probably say the Omega SMP. Bracelet 1/2 links make it a realy good fit!

Quote Originally Posted by teeth man
    I think most of my watches are fairly comfortable, if i had to say one i'd probably say the Omega SMP. Bracelet 1/2 links make it a realy good fit!
    You stole my thunder, either Bond or Speedie bracelet :)

Master

This, on NATO.

Until a newly ordered Shell Cordovan arrives, i've got a Rios on my Nomos :shock:

You wouldnt even know it was there

Quote Originally Posted by Revolvingjones
    I am soooooooo liking this one.
    Ah, good stuff. I remember bigging this watch up in the sales thread - I'm glad you like it. 8)

Master

Rolex Oysterquartz, I think its a combination of a typical Rolex case back on a relatively short watch but with plenty of bracelet to balance it out.

Something that has really surprised me is the SD, it never disappears on the wrist but at the same time I don't think it has ever irritated my wrist either. The height also means that for me the crown never causes me a problem, and when my wrist swells the case back sinks in really nicely.

I think this subject is fairly personal, I know some ppl like relatively flat watches but I just can't wear anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nextcube
    My long time grail was the PD/IWC Ocean 2000, and after getting one myself I must confess that it has been my most comfortable watch - both on bracelet and on velcro strap.
    I couldn't disagree with your choice, but it would be a close run thing with my ti SMP.

Probably my vintage Omega De-ville

Rod

I'd have to say my Aerospace its just so light

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

It's a toss up between the Airking on a well worn pigskin strap or the JLC Kryos with the ridiculously articulated bracelet.

Master

Hi

For me it would have to be my 16700 8)

Cheers
    Martin

I don't have one watch that is the most comfortable one in the collection.

I would like to make some remarks in general:
    1) Bulky watches aren't comfortable, especially not if you are wearing a suit and shirts with cufflinks day in day out.

2) In case you have a rather modest wrist (like me) a watch larger than 40 mm is often just too large to be comfortable. I don't give a rat's about the current trend with watches suffering from obesitas and heavy growth. A watch that gets so large that the bracelet/band is almost sticking out over your wrist is just too big. I often laugh about those asian guys on some websites who show their 45 mm newest watch on a wrist the size of the average ladies wrist and tell us that their new watch is sooooo comfortable and fits so well... Just utter rubbish.

Having said these things, I would like to point out that the light, smaller ultrathin watches I have please me best. You don't notice these watches until you want to see the time. They don't bump into your cuffs all the time and they don't limit the movement of your wrist.

I have several of these watches that I find equally comfortable, I'll post some of them:
    The latest, a Piaget Protocole from 1978 with the ultrathin 18 jewels 9P2 movement:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMAG0112.jpg
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMAG0105.jpg
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMAG0104.jpg
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMAG0103.jpg

The Jaeger LeCoultre Heraion:
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/SNB16130.jpg
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/SNB16132.jpg

Movado handwound ultrathin (movement is a decorated Universal Genève ultrathin). First photograph is of the watch next to a creditcard to give you an idea about the thickness.
    The second photo is an old one, the watch has a new crystal and the hands have been blued. It looks like new these days.
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMAG0149.jpg
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMAG0150.jpg

A Universal Genève ultrathin:
    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/DSC01387.jpg

My Pam 111 on it's Toshi tobacco strap.

Not sure about which watch in particular but the gasgasbones strap is the most comfortable way of wearing one for me.

Master

Have to agree with several others, the Omega SMP is the most comfortable I've worn.

Craftsman

mmm...it would have to be my IWC 3706 chrono on steel ...the bracelet is just perfect for me, and I deliberately searched out the 3706 39mm model when it had been superseded by the newer larger model, which is just a bit big for my wrists

Master

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

john
    I had a Blackwater and I could not agree more. Very comfortable indeed.

There are two kinds of comfort ...

The kind of comfort a beater (daily watch) gives.

A 'nice' dress watch might be comfortable to wear but worrying, in case you bang it, or get it wet ...

john
    Every watch a story.

Master

Timex and Casio digis on cloth/resin straps - because they are so light (and tough/and waterproof).