Re: PRECISTA PRS-3, non LE

Master

Very cool! 8)

Stunning Value.

Just buy one.

Journeyman

I think I need one too :roll: Very balanced and classy looking.

If somebody have pictures of it next to the Submariner, Speedmaster or any other common watch, please post them.
    I will like to see how they compare in size.

Im thinking of getting one of these as a work watch, Expeditions mainly, Would this watch be ok to run in temperatures of -30
    Thanks
    Oz

If the PRS-3 (especially the non-LE) doesn't become the best selling Timefactors watch I'll ... I'll do watever, I'll become your slave. :D

Especially for new-comers to mechanical watches ... the PRS-3 non-LE is the seamaster for the thinking man. And you can use the rest of the money for a nice holiday to play with your new watch.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Journeyman

What kind of movement is in these things? They have a very old school seamaster look about them, which can only be a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlative
    What kind of movement is in these things? They have a very old school seamaster look about them, which can only be a good thing!

itīs the usual very reliable eta 2824!
    i need one too,i need & want so much especially from eddie but :roll:

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by oldpunq
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlative

itīs the usual very reliable eta 2824!
    i need one too,i need & want so much especially from eddie but :roll:

cheers
    Very well made watches. Mine (LE) runs exactly to time after getting it regulated :D , and when not on my wrist is +2sec overnight crown down and -2sec dial up. Do it. You know you want to!

Craftsman

I had an Orange LE but eventually sold it because of the colour and bezel, but i keep coming back to the non-LE ... If I hadn't picked up a Seamaster 2254 then I would have had one by now without a doubt.

I should really have something from the site host after all (currently nothing other than a couple of straps although i've had prs-17c as well as the prs-3 in the past).

Why so few posts and photos of what looks just about as nice as the no-longer-available '14?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Why so few posts and photos of what looks just about as nice as the [s:2mdnu173]no-longer-available[/s:2mdnu173] soon-to-be-available '14?
    Fixed your question ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Why so few posts and photos of what looks just about as nice as the [s:1ix323dq]no-longer-available[/s:1ix323dq] [s:1ix323dq]soon-to-be-available[/s:1ix323dq] no longer available '14?
    Fixed your question ;)
    Fixed again. :mrgreen: ;)

Btw, the blue PRS-3 LE will be sold out soon too, just 1 left in stock. And what a great watch it is. Better hurry mates!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    If the PRS-3 (especially the non-LE) doesn't become the best selling Timefactors watch I'll ... I'll do watever, I'll become your slave. :D

Especially for new-comers to mechanical watches ... the PRS-3 non-LE is the seamaster for the thinking man. And you can use the rest of the money for a nice holiday to play with your new watch.

john
    There are so few pics showing the PRS-3 Non LE out there, to me it does not seem like its a best-selling product unfortunately. Although I do agree that it is a superb watch. Maybe the market is just saturated because of the earlier release of the LE version.

Best,
    Johannes

Craftsman

Here's a pic of mine.

Oh, and the bezel DO have all the markings, I tried to block out reflections during this shot using a black piece of cardboard and managed a bit to good. :)

Great picture of a great watch Bjorn, highly appreciated! Not only the total absence of reflexions, also the position of the hands shows that you are a perfectionist. :wink: The nato suits it very well and adds to its very own appeal.

If you want to share some additional impressions/thoughts, i bet you will have a very interested audience here... :bom:

Best regards,
    Johannes

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Janne911
    I just have to ask. Why haven't there been any PRS-3 non LE on sales corner in a long time ? is it because nobody has them or could it be that every Prs-3 owner wouldn't dare to get rid of it ?
    Those who have bought one are hanging on to it - I guess that's a good sign. :)

I still stick to my opinion that they - wrongly - are no bestsellers. Reasons?

I think, first of all, they had a lot of competition: The LE version in black and blue (orange and yellow are something totally different i guess) and lately the PRS-14. I am one of the LE guys. 8).

Secondly, although actually very reasonably priced, due to specs, exchange rate, and general inflation they possibly just became too expensive for some people who were flirting with the idea of purchasing one but are not with heart and soul into it.

Best regards
    Johannes

I'm also curious about the lack of discussion of the PRS-3.

It looks great, the bracelet end links look snug, the dial and hands are so easy to read - people seem to be falling over themselves in regard to discussionof the PRS-29 and the Speedbird 3, which both look nice but don't float my boat.

Are we falling out of love with divers here on TZ?!!

Dive watches will never fall out of favor...the PRS14 is stealing all the discussions lately

Master

Having just bought a PRS-3 non LE yesterday just thought I'd share a few photo's taken of it last night as there doesn't seem to be that many about.

It seems the PRS-14 is grabbing all the glory at the moment and I can understand why. It's a little gem of a watch, the case, bezel, dial, hands and of course the acrylic crystal all make it a winner. However, I just sold mine as I really miss having the date function.
    The PRS-3 does not disappoint in comparison with the 14. It's bigger, bolder and heavier but sits lower on the wrist. The lovely signed crown looks great and is easy to grip and is surrounded by the excellent brushed and polished case. Acrylic is replaced with AR sapphire, 22mm lugs instead of 20mm which hold that fantastic bracelet (which I've not been able to size yet! :lol: ) and of course the date function.
    I think once the furor of the 2nd release of the 14 subsides this brilliant watch will start getting a bit more of the limelight. :)
    Thanks Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    I still stick to my opinion that they - wrongly - are no bestsellers. Reasons?
    Best regards
    Johannes
    I too have the impression that they are not flying off the shelves and have my own opinions about why that might be. It would seem from the owners list for the PRS-3LE and the Timefactors website that this has been selling in decent numbers. The website suggest both blue and black are sold out, with about 35 of the remaining yellow and orange watches still available. I reckon this qualifies at least the LE as a success, in spite of what I personally feel is a design that does not quite hang together.

The great success of the LE version in my view is that the bezel insert design complements the wider insert and offers something a little different. But on the non-LE watch, the width of the bezel looks odd. The great aesthetic appeal of the older Royal Navy dive watch design was that the low gradient of the brushed rehaut coupled to the thin insert serves to open up the dial. The wide insert and lower profile rehaut on the new watch closes in the dial and makes it look pinched and mean, particularly for a watch of this size. Only Eddie knows whether he has recouped his costs with the sales of the LE watches and perhaps he can afford to take a relaxed view of the rate of sales of the non-LE watch. I suppose a fall-back might be to offer some of these watches with the LE insert. But again, we don't really know if these are selling or not. The website suggests over a 100 remain but that might have been from 300 watches in which case my opinion about its looks count for nothing!

Martin

Journeyman

hi guys does anybody know if the non -LE is available.
    thanks,
    brett

Showing as in stock on Eddie's site, and it looks to me like he has a good few of them.

I'm seriously considering grabbing one, it's just that I need to sell stuff to buy at the moment, and I can't decide what I'm OK with selling.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    Showing as in stock on Eddie's site, and it looks to me like he has a good few of them.

I'm seriously considering grabbing one, it's just that I need to sell stuff to buy at the moment, and I can't decide what I'm OK with selling.
    hi Dave,yep they look really well built.i have a cwc diver,but the PRS-3 looks really well built.loving the look of the bracelet too.
    and an automatic!!.
    cheers,
    brett.

Tks for sharing the pics. it's sure a nice diver watch ...this must be the 6th watch from Eddie in my humble collection :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim71