closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: omega speedy pro "pre moon" project watch

omega speedy pro "pre moon" project watch

just recived this one, seems that speedy's gets a lot of wrist time along with sea-dweller's and iwc chronos

i checked it out a little closer and it looks pretty well keept (strong case)
    but i cant figure out why the chrono second hand has been painted red, i have seen these with straight red hands like the seamasters before ut this looks very wierd

it will have to go if i cand find a matching one
    nice and strong caseback markings also indicates it was not used that much

enjoy will post scans post cleaning

cheers
    christian

Master

Re: omega speedy pro "pre moon" project watch

Hi Christian,

That looks like a nice 105.012 you have there. Difficult to tell for sure without taking the back off but I'd say it's a -65 or -66 in almost original condition. The red hand is obviously an issue and is probably nothing more than a previous owner's "fiddling". I'd see if you can remove the red paint and see what it's like underneath. A nice tritium chrono seconds hand isn't too easy to get but not impossible.

As you say, they are pretty robust and a little tlc will bring this one back to order if you want to. Funny how folk still worry about living with a hesalite Speedy, this one is testament to the "wear it and forget it" philosophy.

Cheers - Simon

Sitting on the dock of eBay, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot
    That looks like a nice 105.012 you have there. Difficult to tell for sure without taking the back off but I'd say it's a -65 or -66 in almost original condition.
    I'll have a stab at 145.012 (and go '67 just to be different :twisted: ) as the caseback doesn't have the double bevel, but agree with Simon that you look to have done well there. I'm envious of the clear engraving on your caseback, also dot above the 90 bezel should be original and looks in very good nick.
    Ofrei sell new second hands with the tail http://www.ofrei.com/omega-watch-hands- ... 1-861.html if you can't get the red paint removed or if it's quoted as expensive and needs to be put off until a later date.

What are your plans for a strap or bracelet? Plenty of different options to be found searching through old threads.
    Here's not too bad a place to start viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122934&st=0&sk=t&sd=a :wink:

Enjoy it Christian. Looking forward to seeing it after the clean up and then on your wrist.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot

Enjoy it Christian. Looking forward to seeing it after the clean up and then on your wrist.

Ian
    Yes, me too.

Very nice, a bit of Brasso or polywatch on the crystal and it will come up a treat :D
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

beautiful. when i was thinking about getting a speedie staff in both my local jewellers told me it was a 'special occasion only' watch, too easily marked for everyday wear. just shows how little they know

Master

Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
    beautiful. when i was thinking about getting a speedie staff in both my local jewellers told me it was a 'special occasion only' watch, too easily marked for everyday wear. just shows how little they know
    Special occasion watch? Like travelling to the moon? Is that special enough? As you say, just shows how little they know :roll:

thanks,

it will get a cleaning but i will keep it unpolished, just get rid of the marks on the crystal

then perhaps a black leather strap with white stitches or a black nato not realy sure yet

cheers
    christian

Quote Originally Posted by poormans
    thanks,

it will get a cleaning but i will keep it unpolished, just get rid of the marks on the crystal

then perhaps a black leather strap with white stitches or a black nato not realy sure yet

cheers
    christian
    They look great on a black "double ridged" or very dark brown croc.
    (or nato!)
    Colin.