closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is this watch any good?

Is this watch any good?

I picked this up from a local antique shop in North Devon it came in a green box anyway its a Gents Sewills Ark Royal watch around 38mm and says Swiss made on the caseback i have enclosed pics let Me know what You guys think one thing i liked it took a couple of shakes and its kept ticking since yesterday.

Re: Is this watch any good?

It looks good, works well, and Sewill's have a good history. That's pretty good.
    It'd be good if you sold it to me :D

That's a fine looking watch.

Thankyou Gents.

Master

I think I almost bought one of these about 15 yrs ago. One of the daily papers ran an advert for one, you know the ones where you pay an initial deposit followed by monthly amounts. Pretty sure it was the same model as there was some blurb about the aircraft carrier.

I was drawn to it because it had that classic military inspired dial and was automatic (a great fascination for me then and now). I think they wanted around £350 for them. I did order it initially but then, for some reason bottled it and cancelled. I think it still looks great and should be reliable after a decent service, looks like it's got a 2824 or thereabouts inside.

How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking ?

Blog Entries

So, they did do other models wrist-watches than the one Eddie is selling!
    Fine looking piece.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks
    So, they did do other models wrist-watches than the one Eddie is selling!
    Fine looking piece.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Thankyou for the kind words Daddel and also Gomers as well i know that Sewiils are now defunct.

I've seen the same watch with 'AUTOMATIC' instead of 'ARK ROYAL' on the dial ... the worth of these (especially the automatics) will very much depend on what Eddie finally decides to do with the brand, etc. Unfortunately, most of them are generic, but you have one of the nicest ones, so I suggest you keep it for a few years. You could also put a better quality 2824-2 in it at a later date to increase its value.

This quartz chrono has an interesting (deep-dish dial, as per the chronometers) design but in terms of function, it is too close to the PRS-17C to be worth homaging.

john
    Every watch a story.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

I've seen the same watch with 'AUTOMATIC' instead of 'ARK ROYAL' on the dial ... the worth of these (especially the automatics) will very much depend on what Eddie finally decides to do with the brand, etc. Unfortunately, most of them are generic, but you have one of the nicest ones, so I suggest you keep it for a few years. You could also put a better quality 2824-2 in it at a later date to increase its value.

This quartz chrono has an interesting design, but in terms of function, it is too close to the PRS-17C to be worth homaging.

john
    Thankyou John i really appreciate Your kind words and advice i do like Your version although i'm not tall i have large(ish)wrists and it looks really good but i just love looking at the dial wether i wear it or not regularly i just don't know.

Very nice looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by keygold
    Very nice looking watch.
    Cheers Keygold.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists
    It looks good, works well, and Sewill's have a good history. That's pretty good.
    My thoughts exactly!

Congratulations on the watch!

Very nice, just needs a bit of a case refurb :)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Quick update the watch is running superbly it hand winds and is hackable lume is not bad there is absolutely no sign of ageing or pitting on the dial/hands.I've bought a new Calf grain padded strap.Diameter is slightly bigger than Eddie's Masterpiece PRS-29A.Thankyou Guys for the kind words.