closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP ROO Pink Gold

Master
    Blog Entries

AP ROO Pink Gold

As requested by some members please find a AP ROO belonging to a friend below. Not as exquisite as the Equation but still a nice looking watch. As always a good source of debate :-).

Cheers,

Dev

Grand Master

Re: AP ROO Pink Gold

Very nice, a gold AP is something i'd get if i won the lottery, they just ooze class and look great in the flesh. The only downside for me is that deployant buckle, it's a nightmare due to it closing on the inside of the wrist.

Beautiful colour combination...

I have to admit I'm a sucker for almost anything in rose gold 8)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Great watch. I loved APs till I had to have my steel one serviced. 2k could have bought me another watch!
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley
    Great watch. I loved APs till I had to have my steel one serviced. 2k could have bought me another watch!

Yeah, i have it worked out that in 5 years time i'll have to fork out over 1k, but to be honest at 2k you'd have pretty much got a new watch back :D

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977

Yeah, i have it worked out that in 5 years time i'll have to fork out over 1k, but to be honest at 2k you'd have pretty much got a new watch back :D
    I would have only I flipped it instead. If it had been an OS or larger one may have done it. But it was only 36mm model and I had planned to upgrade when I could anyway.
    Paul

Very nice.

Blog Entries

It isn't the pink gold, the AP RO chrono isn't my cuppa tea :)

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Grand Master

The only thing that puts me off the ROO, apart from it being too big of course is the dial layout, i'm a big fan of symmetry and the sub-dials are all different distances apart, that would drive me mad after a week, yes i am that weird when it comes to watches :lol:

Blog Entries

If i could i would'nt so i cant so i shant,seriously not my taste but oozes quality.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master

Lovely watch, something very special with a nice AP

:blackknight:

My girlfriend's dad has that watch. It is a very nice piece but it's been very unreliable in the past. I think it's spent more time at AP being repaired, than it has on his wrist!

Very nice indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by theprospect
    My girlfriend's dad has that watch. It is a very nice piece but it's been very unreliable in the past. I think it's spent more time at AP being repaired, than it has on his wrist!

:shock: Bloody hell.
    Paul

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theprospect

:shock: Bloody hell.
    AP servicing is 2k+ and can take up to 6 months so if it goes in a few times you can see where the time goes....

Grand Master

AP servicing is around the 1k mark, then more if it needs replacement parts, such as the bezel (occurs a lot on ROOs) and so on. It can take 6 months if it's something a bit special like the Equation of Time (and with a special servicing price!), but on more basic stuff like the RO and ROO models it's usually a couple of months.

What size is the watch in diameter and thickness? Anybody know. It seems to show on different websites as anything from 42mm to 46mm all measurements without crown

Grand Master

The bezel size is 42mm across the flats, the case itself is around 44mm, thickness wise, well the ROO's are thick, i think it's around 17mm, hence why so many people end up with dings in the bezel of their ROO's

Master
    Blog Entries

Very nice, a gold AP is something i'd get if i won the lottery, they just ooze class and look great in the flesh. The only downside for me is that deployant buckle, it's a nightmare due to it closing on the inside of the wrist.
    I used to have exactly the same issue, a short strap is the answer. IWC deployants are the same.

Master

I'd like the ROO better if the date wasnt sunken in all the way back under the module, and the pushers + crown lined up like they do on integrated chrono movements... At that pricepoint I dont understand why AP dont use an integrated chrono movement.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix
    I used to have exactly the same issue, a short strap is the answer. IWC deployants are the same.

I tried it on a standard and short, i also flipped the strap around on the case but it just wasn't right, back to the buckle and happy enough.

As for the ROO look, yes i agree that it was weird they developed the 3120 and then slapped a module onto it to make the chrono, i'd have thought they'd have worked on two movements as the chrono ROO range is their biggest sellers.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER
    I'd like the ROO better if the date wasnt sunken in all the way back under the module, and the pushers + crown lined up like they do on integrated chrono movements... At that pricepoint I dont understand why AP dont use an integrated chrono movement.
    there is the new 38mm roos that have the same dial layout as the roc.

Another rare sight on this forum! Gorgeous piece. I've been fortunate to handle a couple in the flesh; the colour combo is stunning and the watch is seriously hefty. Unfortunately way, way, way out of my price range :(

I take it your friend has a thing for higher end AP's.

Thanks for posting.

Not particularly fond of the styling and I could'nt come close to affording one, but I really like the warm tone of the gold.

Thats lovely, i like them with the leather strap and coloured stitching